• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Looking for Fender Flares for 2023 SR Sub Model

Amy13

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I just brought home my first Tacoma. It's a new 2023 SR Double Cab. I was planning on putting on fender flairs as a first mod but I'm confused what works for the SR sub-model. I'm looking for black, textured, non bolt or rivet pocket flares. Less is better in height. This is my daily driver and the roughest terrain it'll see is desert roads to get to camping and hiking. Lots of sand but very little rock or gravel. I'm looking for an accent to my white truck that paint protection is a secondary concern. Any suggestions for an SR model?

Doesn't look like there are many good options. A lot of people who got the aftermarket just returned them. Looked bad or the quality was horrible.
Best way is go OEM. Find someone selling a set of fenders online/marketplace. Just buy any used set, any color and paint them.

SR Fender Install

I just brought home my first Tacoma. It's a new 2023 SR Double Cab. I was planning on putting on fender flairs as a first mod but I'm confused what works for the SR sub-model. I'm looking for black, textured, non bolt or rivet pocket flares. Less is better in height. This is my daily driver and the roughest terrain it'll see is desert roads to get to camping and hiking. Lots of sand but very little rock or gravel. I'm looking for an accent to my white truck that paint protection is a secondary concern. Any suggestions for an SR model?
TRD's with OEM flares have holes w tabs in the fenders from the factory,.....
so OEM flares ae not the easiest to install. (see photo from TW below. of factory clip holes..)
1689534899515.png

Here are some ones made by Lund and the install for a SR5, maybe the way to go for you as they come black smooth or textured already.
Source: https://youtu.be/090hFT4oGSE

Back