OFF-ROAD LIGHTING Lights Compatibility

• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

cambo139

✓ • Bronze
Reaction score
First Name
Mon
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Trying to work up some ideas for lighting solutions. Are all aftermarket lights that are built for the 16-17 Tacomas compatible with the 2018 model as well? Been looking on manufacture's sites and it has been mixed results.

Last edited:

951_yota

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
They should be yes. Can you be more specific with what lights your refering to. They more than likely just havent updated their site to reflect 2016-2018 rather than 2016-17

Rob Daman

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
agreed

They should be yes. Can you be more specific with what lights your refering to. They more than likely just havent updated their site to reflect 2016-2018 rather than 2016-17

Malcolm

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Trying to work up some ideas for lighting solutions. Are all aftermarket lights that are built for the 16-17 Tacomas compatible with the 2018 model as well? Been looking on manufacture's sites and it has been mixed results.

The Tacoma has been an H11 type for their headlights for a while now. There is no difference in compatibility between a 16 model and an 18 model, if that is what you’re referring to, all lights on these models will have the same if not extremely similar connections. Aftermarket lights need to be wired indirectly, so compatability isn’t an issue here just follow your leads and remember to always disconnect your battery terminals ?

cambo139

✓ • Bronze
Reaction score
First Name
Mon
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Thanks for the help everyone. Was thinking about upgrading my fog lights to Rigids but might wait until I upgrade my bumper (aka push the stock truck till it's limits). First order of business would be some rock sliders and additional skid plates to protect the body.

Malcolm

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Thanks for the help everyone. Was thinking about upgrading my fog lights to Rigids but might wait until I upgrade my bumper (aka push the stock truck till it's limits). First order of business would be some rock sliders and additional skid plates to protect the body.

Looks like you have the right priorities