• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Light Bar Theft

Blueblood

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey guys, any advise on how to try to prevent theft on light bars? just had a 30" light bar stolen and looking for ideas on what i can do to help prevent it.

@Rob Daman is correct and if you go the route make sure you order uncommon tamper bolts and nuts standard torxs and Allen tampers are common and can easily buy the tool almost anywhere.
wave-bolt.png
tricone-security-bolt.png
Security-Bolt.jpg

These are uncommon tamper bolts that have nut versions as well , and are slightly more difficult to get the tool for

Upvote 0
@Rob Daman is correct and if you go the route make sure you order uncommon tamper bolts and nuts standard torxs and Allen tampers are common and can easily buy the tool almost anywhere.
wave-bolt.png
tricone-security-bolt.png
Security-Bolt.jpg

These are uncommon tamper bolts that have nut versions as well , and are slightly more difficult to get the tool for
I have never seen these before and they seem like they would definitely turn most thieves away. How would the top one work?

Upvote 0
I have never seen these before and they seem like they would definitely turn most thieves away. How would the top one work?
A specialties tool would be required the wave grove is inset in the head the tool will be a reverse that one I would presume wouldnt allow much torque on it so not s good option but there are many anti theft bolts and nuts some are more common and easier to get tools for

Upvote 0
A specialties tool would be required the wave grove is inset in the head the tool will be a reverse that one I would presume wouldnt allow much torque on it so not s good option but there are many anti theft bolts and nuts some are more common and easier to get tools for
Good to know. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Seems both good at preventing theft and good at preventing you from removing the bolt after it strips on the first use.
Ahhshshs pretty much not a smart design, reminds me of break away bolts

Upvote 0
Dang hate thief’s! They stole my 50” curve and no brand light bar off my 16 4R. File police report, they found the sucker with 3 different lightbar stashed behind his pickup with all wires cut! Dumb ppl

Upvote 0
Dang hate thief’s! They stole my 50” curve and no brand light bar off my 16 4R. File police report, they found the sucker with 3 different lightbar stashed behind his pickup with all wires cut! Dumb ppl
That sucks , least the police found the person cops were I live wouldnt even bother looking ,but protecting your investment should be on every bodies mind

Upvote 0
That sucks man. Do you just cut your losses on it now?

Upvote 0
That absolutely sucks. Theives are almost on the same level as pedos in my mind. The one thing that sucks about having nice things is that people that don't are always looking to take them rather than work for them on their own. Hope your insurance covers it and pays you quickly for all the other stuff they stole as well. ;)

Upvote 0
Back