• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lifted Tacomas in Hawaii

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
DSC07326.jpeg
on Kaua'i for vacation and these 6" lifted tacomas are everywhere. Mostly they have few if any other mods. Most have stock tires and wheels. The most common mod is dubs and street tires. There are a few bumpers, and very few tacomas that have actual off road tires. I've seen one SAS 2nd gen driving around as well. There are a surprising number of 3rd gens here that are lifted like this. Most are sports, but there are a few TRD-OR models. I'm assuming they are mostly locals. I talked to the guys in the photos last night and they don't do much off roading. They said there wasn't much here.

There's some hunting rigs here and those are lifted Tacomas as well, but not the big 6". Those are regular lifted with off-road tires and dog cages in the bed.

We were on Hawaii for a few days and they're big there too. There are some lifted Tundras, new and older. And a few lifted nisans, but mostly the lifted trucks are all Tacos. Jeeps are not that common here at all, even among the rental fleets. On the big island there were a ton of rental jeeps.

Nothing else to say about this, just though it was interesting.

-M

Attachments

• DSC07322.jpeg
    DSC07322.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC07319.jpeg
    DSC07319.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 82
Hawaii is Tacoland. I just got back from Maui on DEC 18th. Not sure why they are all lifted either. Just aesthetics?
@LavaRoad?

Mark

Back