• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lift Kits

trd_ray5.56

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
White
What would you guys recommend in the lift department like maybe 3, 4 inches ? Make the truck a little higher everything is stock rn, I have a 19 TRD Pro

What’s happening man. I’ve done some research and just ordered it myself, and don’t take my word on it but I just purchased a old man emu lift kit that comparatively was the best option for medium sized loads with additions of weight later down the road. it is a good bang for your buck in my opinion, with little maintenance over the life, I’d look into that and then do your own comparisons with what your looking for in your setup and see how well it will work.

What would you guys recommend in the lift department like maybe 3, 4 inches ? Make the truck a little higher everything is stock rn, I have a 19 TRD Pro

What’s the plans for your truck? Wheeling? Fire roads? Curb crushing?

You already got a Pro, so you have a good suspension installed. If everyone knows what you wanna do with your truck, it’s easier to make recommendations.

You already got a Pro, so you have a good suspension installed. If everyone knows what you wanna do with your truck, it’s easier to make recommendations.
This.

Depending on your goal, you don't need to change out that expensive Pro suspension you already paid for. If you are set on doing it though, 3-4" is kind of on the higher side and will make you look like you skipped leg day without 285/75 tires on there.

Let us know what you're trying to accomplish.

just looking for a lift to get the truck a little higher i plan to go offroading but like not thrashing you know go just have fun on the weekends with some muddy areas and national parks, ive seen lifts that dont change the shocks and thats kind of what i was aiming 4 its the supreme supensions 3 inch front 1 inch rear lift level kit https://www.extremeterrain.com/supr...pro-billet-lift-kit-0518-4wd-6lug-tacoma.html what do you guys think about this

just looking for a lift to get the truck a little higher i plan to go offroading but like not thrashing you know go just have fun on the weekends with some muddy areas and national parks, ive seen lifts that dont change the shocks and thats kind of what i was aiming 4 its the supreme supensions 3 inch front 1 inch rear lift level kit https://www.extremeterrain.com/supr...pro-billet-lift-kit-0518-4wd-6lug-tacoma.html what do you guys think about this
All the kits on the market are for 2nd gen Tacoma's but there the same for 3rds
3rd gen Tacomas sit 1" higher then 2nd gen tacomas
Thus your 3" will get you 3" or so on s 2nd gen Tacoma but maybe 2" and a tad on 3rds gens
Simply kits dont go beyond that spectrum
If you want to go above the 3" threshold then those drop bracket kit is the ways to go , or straight up axle swap and even long travel :unsure:

Now if some one can enlighten me is the "trdpro"
Same height as a offroad? What do you get besides some grilled, foglights and some over priced trd accessories

Last edited:
The TRD Pro includes everything on the TRD Off-Road PLUS:
  • Fox Off-Road suspension with front coilovers and remote reservoir rear shock absorbers.
  • 1-in suspension lift
  • TRD 1/4-in aluminum front skid plate
  • 16-in Black TRD wheels offering a 1-in wider track
  • Larger anti-sway bar
  • Unique hood with a (non-functioning) hood scoop and "eye-black" decal
  • TRD cat-back exhaust
  • Additional features of the TRD Pro that won't necessarily help off-road are as follows:
    TRD Pro-specific grille
    • Black headlight and taillight bezels
    • TRD Pro badging
    • TRD shift knob
    • TRD Pro floor mats
    • TRD Pro black leather seats with "TRD Pro" embroidering
    • (I just found this on the Internet after typing these all myself but I didn’t want to misinform so I just looked it up,) it says the TRD Pro doesn’t have a sunroof option but that trend must have been discontinued because my 19 has one. Hope this helped brotha

The TRD Pro includes everything on the TRD Off-Road PLUS:
  • Fox Off-Road suspension with front coilovers and remote reservoir rear shock absorbers.
  • 1-in suspension lift
  • TRD 1/4-in aluminum front skid plate
  • 16-in Black TRD wheels offering a 1-in wider track
  • Larger anti-sway bar
  • Unique hood with a (non-functioning) hood scoop and "eye-black" decal
  • TRD cat-back exhaust
  • Additional features of the TRD Pro that won't necessarily help off-road are as follows:
    TRD Pro-specific grille
    • Black headlight and taillight bezels
    • TRD Pro badging
    • TRD shift knob
    • TRD Pro floor mats
    • TRD Pro black leather seats with "TRD Pro" embroidering
    • (I just found this on the Internet after typing these all myself but I didn’t want to misinform so I just looked it up,) it says the TRD Pro doesn’t have a sunroof option but that trend must have been discontinued because my 19 has one. Hope this helped brotha
Unique hood isn't just the same on one the trd sport

Okies you already a 1 lift so the kit in your link will give you a pretty solid 3

What’s happening man. I’ve done some research and just ordered it myself, and don’t take my word on it but I just purchased a old man emu lift kit that comparatively was the best option for medium sized loads with additions of weight later down the road. it is a good bang for your buck in my opinion, with little maintenance over the life, I’d look into that and then do your own comparisons with what your looking for in your setup and see how well it will work.
That’s a good setup and bang for your buck ? love the look it gives its a good height

Unique hood isn't just the same on one the trd sport

Okies you already a 1 lift so the kit in your link will give you a pretty solid 3
Yeah I’m pretty sure the hood is the same but I think the “decal” is different I haven’t seen a sport with the decal might be wrong

Yeah I’m pretty sure the hood is the same but I think the “decal” is different I haven’t seen a sport with the decal might be wrong
Ohhh ok dont see much pros up here in canada

Could anyone tell me the benefit or purpose of having remote reservoir on shocks and coil overs

Could anyone tell me the benefit or purpose of having remote reservoir on shocks and coil overs
Remote reservoir shocks are designed with an externalreservoir that increases fluid capacity. This increase in capacity helps lower fluid temperature, thus offering the ability to blast over rough terrain without experiencingshock fade

In addition to what @ShikyoX said, they shocks are also usually adjustable so you can easily adjust the stiffness of the shock for pavement ride quality and off-road performance.

Back