• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lift kit

Smokingun82

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I hate to ask something that’s probably been asked a hundred times already, but im gonna do it. Bought a stock 2019 Trd sport 4x4. I don’t know much about lift kits but im looking for a 3 inch lift kit, as I intend on putting 33’s on it. Daily driving mostly, and camping on weekends. Any lift kit recommendations that won’t break the bank?

Hi, I am the same point.

I'm going with Ironman stage 2 lift kit with the standard nitro shocks.

Like you the question I have is which tire - since some tires are slightly less than 33" and some slightly more.

Examples: (2) sizes of Nitto Ridge Grapplers with different heights: (I'm keeping my 16" TRD wheels)
- LT 285/75R16 Height = 32.83"
- LT 295/75R16 Height = 33.39"

.56" difference in height, but they are both advertised as 33" tires.

Is there someone who can respond from their experience on tires with a 3" lift?

Other considerations: I'm going to go with extended break lines just to avoid possible issues - I also have a question for the forum ?is there a preferred break line?

Hi, I am the same point.

I'm going with Ironman stage 2 lift kit with the standard nitro shocks.

Like you the question I have is which tire - since some tires are slightly less than 33" and some slightly more.

Examples: (2) sizes of Nitto Ridge Grapplers with different heights: (I'm keeping my 16" TRD wheels)
- LT 285/75R16 Height = 32.83"
- LT 295/75R16 Height = 33.39"

.56" difference in height, but they are both advertised as 33" tires.

Is there someone who can respond from their experience on tires with a 3" lift?

Other considerations: I'm going to go with extended break lines just to avoid possible issues - I also have a question for the forum ?is there a preferred break line?

You'll be pretty close even with a 3". Little bit of suspension travel and you'll rub. If your wheel offset is a little more negative, that can also contribute. Definitely gonna have to hammer the pinch weld. Just go for the CMC.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZDmRXKSI64

i am running 285/75/16 with a icon stage 3 supsension and 1&1/4" wheel spacers. i had to do the cmc (i didnt take it back enough though and still have rubbing)

I run 285/75/16 on bilstein 6112s up front and rub

Another forum:
I got a 3” lift on 2017 trd off road with 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country mt’s. No trimming (only hade to remove front mud flaps.

Ironman…Stage two..Kits …probably the most complete kit…choice of shocks, spring rates…
Google YouTube…and the Ironman reviews…they do post sales time to time…and it comes with UCA’s…

I consider them many times, but I call Shock surplus, because of Bilstein shock reputation..and went in that direction, had to buy many separate components, sway bar relocation kit, diff drop kit, rear drive shaft spacer, , etc..
Note all lift kits do NOT come with bump stops, usually over two inches..you may want to consider this option? Many types to choose from..NOT cheap…? Research this further…

If I had to do it again …Ironman Stage two…(look for a Black Friday or Christmas sales…)
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back