• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lift Kit Suggestions

peezy1

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hi All!

I am in the market for a lift kit and looking for some suggestions on some kits that will meet my needs. Currently on stock running RAY10 17 X 8.5 with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/17s.

What I'm looking for in a lift kit:
1.) Budget is around $2000 - $2500
2.) More comfortable/smoother ride over stock. This is my daily commuter and I do plan on doing some occasional overlanding/off-roading but I don't plan on hitting Rubicon ever. Daily comfort is more of my concern
3.) 2.5inch (or 3 in the future) lift. Currently have some minor rubbing when reversing only.
4.) 33inch tires in the future (if this matters)

I've done some searches but don't really see any threads come up with anything concrete (or maybe I just suck at doing searches) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For the Budget you could go for a Dobinsons MRR 3-Way Adjustable kit, with their 15% off sale going on.
Its the setup I'm running and it rides absolutely amazing, on and offroad it drives amazing and handles amazing on the highway.

This is what I’m running. No rubbing issues with 285/70r/17
The leaf pack is adjustable so if you add more full time weight. I have my leaf setup for medium duty so the ride is a little stiffer than stock. I got used to it in about 2 days. If you just leave the pack in the light duty setup you probably won’t notice

FULL SUSPENSION STAGE 4+ w/RXT FOR TOYOTA TACOMA -TacoStage4

I'd say something like this would probably give you the most bang for your buck at about $2100 with the coilovers assembled and UCAs added. Comes with a full leaf pack instead of the AALs (or can be made even cheaper by swapping to AALs instead)

Having the front springrate options is nice for your purposes too- some might be a little stiff if you're not loaded down up front.

research your driving conditions, and what kind of 4 wheeling you will be doing. Build your truck to fit your needs. Many companies are also having shortages in stock. So you may have a wait on what you want.

Back