• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lift Kit on my 2012 Tacoma TX TRD Pro

Micah's TX Pro Series

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Im new to this forum,

I am looking at putting a few customization's additions to my truck. I am based in Louisville Kentucky.
I know my model has stock lift already on it due to the essence of the TRD Pro. I was wondering if there
is any way I can add a higher lift such as 2.5 to 3 inch. I have been researching and researching and most
Tacoma lift kits exclude the TRD pro versions making it extremely difficult to find a kit. If anyone has a good
lead on websites or vendors who sell kits compatible with the TRD pro that would be greatly appreciated.

Future:
Right now I have the stock as is TX TRD pro. Through all customizations I am looking at adding:
- lift kit for greater ground clearance
- front bumper with LED for off roading and little armor
- roof rack
- Roof Rack tent or Truck Bed tent so always have a place to sleep while on an adventure
- solar panels to power an additional outlet in truck bed to power various camping equipment

Respectfully

What's up Micah.

I'm pretty sure the second gen TRD Pro has the same suspension mounting as all the other second gens. It even has the same mountiny as a 3rd gen. The difference lies in the Bilstein shocks you have installed from the factory. So any of the 2-3" setups you find for a 2015 Tacoma should fit your truck no problem.

Check out our vendor section here on the site for vendors that may be able to help you find something that works for your needs. ?

Back