• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lift Help!

Jharris704

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I'm ready to buy a lift for my 2019 DCSB TRD Off Road. The truck is my daily driver so I want to maintain a nice ride. I will also be using the truck to tow 4 wheelers and some possible "light" off roading.

I've been reading all of the different lift threads here and think I have a good idea of what to get.

5100s with 888 coils and the HD leaf pack. (Anyone know if the rear shocks are 5100s? It just says RCD/Bilstein Extended length rear shocks.)
https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/store/p402/Coil/Bilstein_5100_Kit_w/_Dakars_(HS16BK-1-Dakar).html

Will I need something extra in the front to make it level since it would be 2in for front and back?
Is spending the extra on full leaf packs for the back worth the money? Vs a cheaper add a leaf?

I am also looking to upgrade wheels and tires. Thinking about a 17in rim with 285/70 all terrain tires. Looking at the Falken WildPeak A/T3w as they are about $200 cheaper than the k02s.

I'm trying to think about it as do it right the first time while trying to justify spending this much on a brand new truck. Thanks for any help!

Rears are 5100s too.

Are you running armor on front? I think 888 are for heavier weight.

Hit up Headstrong on perch settings about leveling. Full leaf pack is always recommended if it can fit your budget. Stock leafs will start to sag over time especially if adding weight.

Thanks for replying. The 888 are mid springs. I would like to go with a bumper in the future. Figured it would be better to get those now then have to buy more when I did add the bumper.

Kind of thought I would need a small spacer added to the front to make it level. The front and back both say 2in lift. So anything other than the top setting sounds like it would make it less leveled out in the front.

that 888 will probably have you sit higher too. definitely ask them about that so you don't have to experiment.

The front and back both say 2in lift. So anything other than the top setting sounds like it would make it less leveled out in the front.

Back