• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Life pro tip: When folding the rear seats down, use these holes for the headrests

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Today I learned this is a thing. I’m not ashamed to admit I had no idea after 3 years of owning my truck. I figure there may be other people that would find this enlightening...

A48980E7-1CDF-4A0A-BE39-F8C24B99E967.jpeg

👍

Derivative life tip, put the headrests in that spot after you fold the seat backs down, and remove / set aside before you raise the seat back. Especially if you keep your front seats in a realistic long-legged setting. Its a first-world annoyance to have to find a spot and set the headrests aside while folding or unfolding, but for some reason mine always catch if I try to do it in the order that you would think makes sense.

I read the good ole manual and saw that. also the headrests can flip forward when the seats are up so you have a bit more rear window to look out of.

I read the good ole manual and saw that. also the headrests can flip forward when the seats are up so you have a bit more rear window to look out of.
I knew about that one. Reading the entire manual has been on my to-do list for 3 years. One day.

I feel like a complete ass hahaha🤣 I never even knew I could fold the seats down like that. Now I know I can once the kids car seats are gone haha
Not even knowing you can fold them down like that is funny. I'm glad you now know.

It took me a very long time to learn the rearview mirror is adjustable at two points. It was always in my face and when I finally learned I could move it up to the roof I started to actually like my truck.

Not even knowing you can fold them down like that is funny. I'm glad you now know.

It took me a very long time to learn the rearview mirror is adjustable at two points. It was always in my face and when I finally learned I could move it up to the roof I started to actually like my truck.
These trucks are full of easter eggs. Not only do we have 13 cup holders but the back seats fold down and now I know the rearview mirror has more adjustment. Today is a good day.

These trucks are full of easter eggs. Not only do we have 13 cup holders but the back seats fold down and now I know the rearview mirror has more adjustment. Today is a good day.
Dude! Go push that mirror up to the sky. They are way too low.

You guys are geniuses! I literally read the post above about the rear view mirror and ran out to my truck to make the adjustment! It's like a whole new world!
When I found out I was in bed, it was like 11pm. I ran outside with no shoes on and felt more excited than I did on the day I actually bought the truck. LIFE CHANGING.

Now I just gotta go look thru the garage and find my headrest 🤔. Adjusting the mirror as soon as I get done typing this.

Tell me more about the mirror. I just purchased mine and not sure what you are talking about.

I learned about this when I saw photos on a dealership website and I was mind blown. I had no idea. I instantly got up and went to my truck just to fold down the seats and store the headrests.

The stuff you learn around here.
We need to fold those seats down.
We haven't had a passenger back there yet

Tell me more about the mirror. I just purchased mine and not sure what you are talking about.
You know how you can tilt adjust any rear view mirror? You can do that here, obviously. BUT (and maybe most cars can do this?) you can also physically move the entire mirror lower (toward the dash) or higher (toward the roof). If you look behind it, it’s double hinged. Grab the whole thing and pull it up or down and it will go, as designed.

You know how you can tilt adjust any rear view mirror? You can do that here, obviously. BUT (and maybe most cars can do this?) you can also physically move the entire mirror lower (toward the dash) or higher (toward the roof). If you look behind it, it’s double hinged. Grab the whole thing and pull it up or down and it will go, as designed.
Got it done as soon as I got home.really makes a difference. Thanks

If it was April 1 I would be calling you guys out on this one......
But
Been complaining about that mirror to my wife since I bought the truck. I cant wait to try it. Only thing the truck
is a mile away in the garage.

THE MIRROR MOVES UP!!!
How the hell did I not know this.
Hot damn that’s getting done tomorrow.

I didn't know either

THE MIRROR MOVES UP!!!
How the hell did I not know this.
Hot damn that’s getting done tomorrow.

Maybe retitle this thread and make it a sticky. Call it shit I never knew about my tacoma 3G.

Yeah, it’s official. When I get a chance later today I’m making the mirror thing a public service announcement here.

I’m stoked for you guys that just had your lives changed.

And for the record I never read the manual of anything I own until something doesn't work. I sold my Silverado a while back and realize it had things on the heads up display I knew nothing about or even thought I had. Makes me wonder if I really need those things anyway?😉

And for the record I never read the manual of anything I own until something doesn't work. I sold my Silverado a while back and realize it had things on the heads up display I knew nothing about or even thought I had. Makes me wonder if I really need those things anyway?😉
Like this?

I have witnessed people replacing their factory wheels as soon as they buy a vehicle, and they always resort back to the factory wheel they replaced.:unsure:

Personally I think Toyota make some fine looking wheels and I will stick with them and put my money elsewhere JMO:)

Good luck

Like this?

Yup...

Back