• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Leveling kit

18TacoTRDSport

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have a 18 Tacoma TRD Sport. I just installed a 2” front leveling kit with a 2” block in the rear. First mod/lift ever. I really liked how my rack a ride being stock, but do kind the look of it now. I will have to replace the rear shocks to make them longer, and now thinking of the rocker arms need replaced. I’ve notice that when I b slow down and stopping I’m getting a roaring sound.

Also, been thinking about maybe removing the leveling kit and just going back to stock. And feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

I have a 18 Tacoma TRD Sport. I just installed a 2” front leveling kit with a 2” block in the rear. First mod/lift ever. I really liked how my rack a ride being stock, but do kind the look of it now. I will have to replace the rear shocks to make them longer, and now thinking of the rocker arms need replaced. I’ve notice that when I b slow down and stopping I’m getting a roaring sound.

Also, been thinking about maybe removing the leveling kit and just going back to stock. And feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
I like stock because it has done me well gone everywhere I drove it and never had mechanical / suspension issues,... I have TRD Sport 4X4
But here is some advice from a Toyota mechanic
Source: https://youtu.be/5Bqg7lpd5OY

Yea, really considering going back to stock. I was simply just going for a look rather than the off road purpose

Back