• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Let’s get “sas”sy

Tacomadad18

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Well, I don’t think there is another thread on this so I figure I’ll start it out. I’ll update this as time goes on. Super excited to get started in

I will be SAS (solid axle swap) my truck within 6 months. (That’s just a deadline for my self. I get side tracked and busy with life, so I need my own motivation)

If you have input, suggestions, etc I’d be interested in hearing from you!

Going to be sourcing parts within the next month. I plan on having the truck ready to go under the knife this winter.

4 link up front
3 link setup in rear (keeping existing location of gas tank.

Parts list:

-1 3/4” heims (Teflon coated) 3/4” bore
-King 2.5” dual spring coil overs OR air shocks, haven’t quite decided yet
-06+ F250 axles. Dana 60 and sterling (wun tons)
-Odds and ends like bolts and misc hardware
-40 x13.50 x 17 tires- undecided so far
-17” true beadlocks
-air locker in rear/ lunchbox locker in front
-5.13 or 5.38 gears in rear- still deciding on that

Things I’ve got to figure out while working on it:

-ABS rings. My goal to have the dash operate like nothing changed. Most likely gonna have to have a fab shop make new ones to fit the new axles
-Either a Trac bar setup or how I can eliminate the chance of death wobble
-steering setup, not wanting to do hydro due to driving issues (heard issues of daily hy

Will be doing this with a buddy who has tons of experience building custom link setups, hot rods to rock crawlers. Plus he has all the tools and access to the ones he doesn’t own. (Water jet, cnc, plasma table etc)

Most likely with go with a 16” travel shock and will do shock hooks with a crossover strut brace under the hood, if enough room lol

This thing will still be driven on the road 👌

If you don’t know my truck yet, I’ve got to do nothing in the rear for clearance as I have already built and “offroad bed”. Tacobox (second transfer case for short) already installed. All the other armor is all done, sliders, bumpers etc

Well, I don’t think there is another thread on this so I figure I’ll start it out. I’ll update this as time goes on. Super excited to get started in

I will be SAS (solid axle swap) my truck within 6 months. (That’s just a deadline for my self. I get side tracked and busy with life, so I need my own motivation)

If you have input, suggestions, etc I’d be interested in hearing from you!

Going to be sourcing parts within the next month. I plan on having the truck ready to go under the knife this winter.

4 link up front
3 link setup in rear (keeping existing location of gas tank.

Parts list:

-1 3/4” heims (Teflon coated) 3/4” bore
-King 2.5” dual spring coil overs OR air shocks, haven’t quite decided yet
-06+ F250 axles. Dana 60 and sterling (wun tons)
-Odds and ends like bolts and misc hardware
-40 x13.50 x 17 tires- undecided so far
-17” true beadlocks
-air locker in rear/ lunchbox locker in front
-5.13 or 5.38 gears in rear- still deciding on that

Things I’ve got to figure out while working on it:

-ABS rings. My goal to have the dash operate like nothing changed. Most likely gonna have to have a fab shop make new ones to fit the new axles
-Either a Trac bar setup or how I can eliminate the chance of death wobble
-steering setup, not wanting to do hydro due to driving issues (heard issues of daily hy

Will be doing this with a buddy who has tons of experience building custom link setups, hot rods to rock crawlers. Plus he has all the tools and access to the ones he doesn’t own. (Water jet, cnc, plasma table etc)

Most likely with go with a 16” travel shock and will do shock hooks with a crossover strut brace under the hood, if enough room lol

This thing will still be driven on the road 👌

If you don’t know my truck yet, I’ve got to do nothing in the rear for clearance as I have already built and “offroad bed”. Tacobox (second transfer case for short) already installed. All the other armor is all done, sliders, bumpers etc
Mannnnn I was waiting to see this thread from you haha
Your truck is gonna be awesome and that's quite a project so please make a bunch of YouTube videos about it lol

Think you'll need the extended fenders like you do for a long travel setup or do you think the wheels will be out wide enough to clear the stock ones?

Mannnnn I was waiting to see this thread from you haha
Your truck is gonna be awesome and that's quite a project so please make a bunch of YouTube videos about it lol

Think you'll need the extended fenders like you do for a long travel setup or do you think the wheels will be out wide enough to clear the stock ones?

Its long overdue lol. I will definitely be recording the progress!

The actual tire should be about 3/4 or more outside the fenders with one tons. I probably won’t touch the fenders as I plan to have more droop than up travel. Have to set all the bumps to keep from stuffing tire to far upwards or risk ripping up the front fenders lol.

Back