TUTORIAL LEDMap lights swap

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Cougsfan34

= II • Bronze
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
Thanks for the heads up on how to take the headliner console down. I just bought my truck and I was looking at ways to install off road light switch above my head

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
no problem. that's the easiest way vs trying to yank them in front.

Thanks for the heads up on how to take the headliner console down. I just bought my truck and I was looking at ways to install off road light switch above my head

RevN3

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
Hey Rob, in the video you said you were going to go with something not as bright. What did you end up going with?

Also, will those lights from the video also work in the dome light?

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
yes I did. I went with Lasfits. These were way too much for me.

No the rear dome is a different connection. I haven't found one I liked yet. I just had a leftover ebay one that actually blew out but i had a spare to use.

Hey Rob, in the video you said you were going to go with something not as bright. What did you end up going with?

Also, will those lights from the video also work in the dome light?

MichoRizzo

= II • Bronze
First Name
Chuck
T3G Member
#1,676
Thanks for the suggestion on removing the map light and led lights - it makes all of the difference.

For now, just picked up an Autozone 3175 led for the dome to some what match the map lights. Hopefully you find something brighter for the dome.

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
glad to help. If I find anything it's definitely going to be posted.

Thanks for the suggestion on removing the map light and led lights - it makes all of the difference.

For now, just picked up an Autozone 3175 led for the dome to some what match the map lights. Hopefully you find something brighter for the dome.

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
Understood, I look forward to hearing if you find a workable dome light. The stock one is so dim it's pretty disappointing.

Hey guys.

I went with MESO JDM which are the brightest on the market. He sells out quick so keep an eye out. Also he's developing a lesser but still bright one that has color and dimmable adjustments as well as bluetooth controls.

Top Bottom