• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

LED rapid blink issue

n2wind2000

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Taco SR5, replaced low beams (Auxbeam H11 LED Headlight Bulbs F-16 Series) and Fogs (Auxbeam LED headlights F-S3 Series). All is well at this point. Then I ordered some LED JDM ASTAR 1260 Lumens Amber Yellow Turn Signal LED Bulbs, cuz im getting the LED bug. I replaced the OEM's with those, and gave them a test. All is well at THIS point. So here we are Monday morning, im on my way to work at 6am, Ive got my headlights on. I go to use my turn signal and I get a rapid flash turn signal. I thought, "well that's odd, everything worked fine last night" (with my lights off).
So I conducted a little on board field test while driving, headlights on, turn signal on = rapid blink. Lights off, turn signal on = all is well.

Any clue as to what is going on? I had seen or heard that if I was to change the rear signal bulbs to LED I would have to install an inline relay or resistor to avoid rapid flash. But with the headlights swapped out to LED, Im experiencing this phenomena. Looking for experienced Taco advisors!!

It's hyperflashing and resistors would be the fix for the signals. It's not the headlights swap being the culprit. I'm assuming you installed both front and rear turn signals correct? I had the same issue so I just ran the fronts and left rear stock and it was normal.

Upvote 0
I did not swap out the signals or brake lights in the rear. I did swap out reverse bulbs though. :unsure:

Upvote 0
2019 Taco SR5, replaced low beams (Auxbeam H11 LED Headlight Bulbs F-16 Series) and Fogs (Auxbeam LED headlights F-S3 Series). All is well at this point. Then I ordered some LED JDM ASTAR 1260 Lumens Amber Yellow Turn Signal LED Bulbs, cuz im getting the LED bug. I replaced the OEM's with those, and gave them a test. All is well at THIS point. So here we are Monday morning, im on my way to work at 6am, Ive got my headlights on. I go to use my turn signal and I get a rapid flash turn signal. I thought, "well that's odd, everything worked fine last night" (with my lights off).
So I conducted a little on board field test while driving, headlights on, turn signal on = rapid blink. Lights off, turn signal on = all is well.

Any clue as to what is going on? I had seen or heard that if I was to change the rear signal bulbs to LED I would have to install an inline relay or resistor to avoid rapid flash. But with the headlights swapped out to LED, Im experiencing this phenomena. Looking for experienced Taco advisors!!
You in the resistor somenleds can get buy with out it some cant , you truck doesn't have an individual fuse for signals they fall under headlight fuse so when you turn your headlights on they take priority draw of power which in return will give you hyper flash on your signal , essential when you head lights are on and you use turn signals it's like a pebble thrown into the ocean unnoticed , when lights are off the pebble in thrown into a small pond so your truck notices . There are leds you can get that that wont hyperflash ,but since you already purchased then a resister is the best bet

Upvote 0
Bummer. I folded my cards. I really don’t want to start adding resistors and extra wiring.
Then get some canbus LEDs no resistors needed(when adding a resistor there is not extra wiring going in just splice it in)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Let me check what I'm running I'm pretty sure I'm running LEDs on everything and hids and I dont have hyperflash

Upvote 0
Back