• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

LED Fog Light bulbs

Condition1

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2019 Tacoma Sport. I wanted the fog lights to be bright white like my headlights and grill lights. I ordered a set of LED replacement bulbs. The cause the LED grill lights to dim out to barely noticeable. Has anyone had this problem when changing fog lights bulbs to LED? Thank you for your responses.

Electrical system issues, try to install a resistor and see how it respond. What LED bulbs you got? I got the LED fog light bulbs from AUXITO and so far I haven't had any codes pop up, a whole lot better than the OEM fog lights there’s huge visible difference
1678332581302.png

Replacing the fog bulbs themselves should not cause any issues.

However, I'm not sure what you tapped into to power your grille lights since they're aftermarket. If it's the DRL circuit, it's normal behavior to dim some when the headlights are turned on.

Are you sure this issue was caused by the leds and you aren't just noticing it because you made a change? If anything, leds draw less power and there should be less of an issue so this doesn't make sense.

Replacing the fog bulbs themselves should not cause any issues.

However, I'm not sure what you tapped into to power your grille lights since they're aftermarket. If it's the DRL circuit, it's normal behavior to dim some when the headlights are turned on.

Are you sure this issue was caused by the leds and you aren't just noticing it because you made a change? If anything, leds draw less power and there should be less of an issue so this doesn't make sense.

Agree with this or they somehow all went bad. They have pretty bad seals on them. It probably did the same thing before you swapped bulbs. I've seen people wire them all different ways. Did you buy it like that or get it new?
Were the grill lights spliced into an existing factory wire or added to a fuse box?

Should go to the INJ location in the fuse box under the hood. This will turn the grill lights on when the truck is on. Just slap in an add-a-fuse.
I just watched a Taco Twonz YouTube video when I installed mine. Points out the location of the fuse and how to route the wire without modifying anything.

I had a set. They kept dying on me. So I just ended up ripping them out. One would die out. By the time I would get around to replacing it, another would go shortly after. Ended up running through 4 entire sets in less than a year only swapping out the ones that died. The tabs on the lights are pretty brittle too, so they ended up snapping off.

Thank you to everyone that replied to me. Strange thing is they all started working so I have no clue what was going on. Couldn’t have been a wiring issue because I didn’t add anything or tap into any existing power source. All the lighting I have is Toyota factory and came on the truck. All I did was install new bulbs. It’s a mystery at this point. Thanks again everyone.

Grille lights are not factory.

Grille lights are not factory.
Well, I purchased the truck new and it came with LED’s that are built into the grill. That’s all I know. Not the issue though but thanks for responding

Back