• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lca mods

nv_blazin_trd

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have posted before about going to 35s on my Tacoma earlier and got that figured out. I have began to order some key components for mid travel on my Tacoma. Tc uca, Uniballs, CAC mod, rebuilding the leafs in the rear and the flip over kit with bump stop, spindle gusset, icon suspension all the way around with reservoirs which will put it roughly 3.5”-4” height from stock and of course.... those damn 315/75r16 toyo R/T tires! Now I’m already at least 3k-4K deep in this project and I have been thinking about my lower control arms, is there a polyurethane bushing kit to put with the stock lca? I want to modify it so I can use the polyurethane bushings, Uniball, and there are reinforcements for the lca as well. Not sure if this has been done or not but I cannot find any info on this anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, so I have posted before about going to 35s on my Tacoma earlier and got that figured out. I have began to order some key components for mid travel on my Tacoma. Tc uca, Uniballs, CAC mod, rebuilding the leafs in the rear and the flip over kit with bump stop, spindle gusset, icon suspension all the way around with reservoirs which will put it roughly 3.5”-4” height from stock and of course.... those damn 315/75r16 toyo R/T tires! Now I’m already at least 3k-4K deep in this project and I have been thinking about my lower control arms, is there a polyurethane bushing kit to put with the stock lca? I want to modify it so I can use the polyurethane bushings, Uniball, and there are reinforcements for the lca as well. Not sure if this has been done or not but I cannot find any info on this anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated!
not sure if that is possible. may be easier to just buy stock length LCA's

Yeah it seems like a lot of work. I found a guy who put Toyota hilux polyurethane bushing in his stock lca and moog balljoint on his 15. Not sure if the bushings would work on a 17 tho. Heard that the suspension changed a little on the 3rd gen. I might just have to get the tc lca a little later. The whole $1900 just for lca will not fly when telling my wife about it lol

Are 2nd gen spindles identical to 3rd gen? Wanting to gusset and 2nd gen stock ones are easier and cheaper to find. Curious to know if 2nd gen LCAs will work too.

Not sure about the differences between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen spindles and lca... but total chaos has two different gussets... the 3rd gen gusset is 80-90 bucks, not bad.

Back