• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Larger Fuel Tank.

ROGUE

3️⃣ Silver
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
So recently while prepping for our SEMA build which we debuted the HARROP supercharger we had the opportunity to install and test out a larger fuel tank from Long Range America. This larger capacity fuel tank is this ability to go further longer. Even though it does hit us in the pocketbook or at the fuel pump filling up . The extra capacity allowed us the ability to drive a longer distance with less refuel stops which made long trips very nice and a bit convenient.
It does take a bit to get used to the longer range capability because you’re used to filling up for here to there would be the only downside to going to this tank. Also the extra weight really didn’t have too much of an impact on how our vehicles sat. There was a slight lean but that can easily be compensated for with a spacer / shim.

For our first initial test we drove to get the Tacoma wrapped down in Murrieta Ca. Filled up in Las Vegas next to the ship which is on the very north side of Vegas . And drove down to Murrieta / Temecula and drove all the way back to Barstow on. One tank . We would have tried to go further but time and risk were a factor since we were against the clock for SEMA . Typically we could only make it to our destination , then fill and return.

If you have any questions let us know we have these available on our website check them out

Attachments

• AF5913ED-6B7D-461F-B2FA-12DD89720465.jpeg
    AF5913ED-6B7D-461F-B2FA-12DD89720465.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 740
  • AF950F14-F45D-47CA-877E-9C6E86E9487B.jpeg
    AF950F14-F45D-47CA-877E-9C6E86E9487B.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 848
  • A5A04FA0-0A78-48C2-A9CA-E7BA2D8B8AC4.jpeg
    A5A04FA0-0A78-48C2-A9CA-E7BA2D8B8AC4.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 853
  • F3E1CD71-F66C-44D7-B8A8-4C68BE7C83FA.jpeg
    F3E1CD71-F66C-44D7-B8A8-4C68BE7C83FA.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 851
Does the tank still only have the one design that fits the short bed? Last I checked they didn't have an option to span the length to the front support. Is that still the case?

Does it also double as its own skid plate? I'll be traveling North America soon - 100,000+ miles expected - and having one of these would be very convenient. Not sure about the weight situation since I'll already be pushing GVWR, but I'm keeping this on my watch list. I'm also not sure at which point the extra weight creating worse gas mileage would end up canceling itself out anyway. Do you guys do installs if I came to you?

Does it also double as its own skid plate? I'll be traveling North America soon - 100,000+ miles expected - and having one of these would be very convenient. Not sure about the weight situation since I'll already be pushing GVWR, but I'm keeping this on my watch list. I'm also not sure at which point the extra weight creating worse gas mileage would end up canceling itself out anyway. Do you guys do installs if I came to you?
Tyler to help answer questions on the Long Range tanks listen to episodes 234 and 235 of the Off Road Podcast https://firearmsradio.tv/the-off-road-podcast/235 its on my mod wish list as well!

This definitely has my interest. Worrying about our next stop, or the inconvenience of being the one that needs to refill is the worst haha. Pricey though ??

Does the fuel data compensate with the trucks computer when going from 21 to 33 gallons capacity?

Does the fuel data compensate with the trucks computer when going from 21 to 33 gallons capacity?
Contact these guyshttps://www.wanderlustoverland.com/ they are a rep for LRT and do plenty of installs and will be willing to answer any questions you may have........

Back