• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Kings vs the world.

MrPrincess

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’ve been doing some reading into suspensions lately and I’m trying to come up with a game plan before ordering everything.

for reference I was looking on running for tacos king kit, 4A specifically. I don’t think I can stomach the lvl 5 and don’t currently have access to a welder at the moment.

I’m not a hardcore off road guy, I’m fairly new into it but I’m a firm believer in the buy once cry once montra. I’m on the other end of the spectrum not wanting a huge lift, but maybe a 1.5 over all and will make the necessary room for 35s to fit in there. CMC will be a relocation and front bumper is getting swapped to a c4 or sos hybrid for additional clearance. 5.29 quote is already in also.

Anyways just looking to know if I’m on the right path for a do it all build.

I'm sure you've done a lot more research into this, but my understanding was that you needed at least a 2.5" to clear 33s. This is the reason I'm teetering between a 2.5"vs 3" because I just plan on staying around 33" tires and not doing a CMC. Maybe that's a typo and you meant 2.5?

I'll be following along because I plan on picking out my all lift components soon so I can pull the trigger on a purchase when the price is right for me.

You can actually run 315/35’s with less lift I’m probably around 2ish. Your just going to rub a bit more than usual around town and off-roading.

So I may be wrong in my understanding. But the wheel travel won’t change by raising, besides losing down travel. I don’t want to decrease my up travel, in theory you shouldn’t even need a lift to fit any given tire size, just proper spacing in the wheel well. That’s my plan for the CM relocation and the extreme front bumper and of course UCA.

It’s possible don’t let it deter you. I still need to trim my front fenders, massage the wheel wells, get the cab mount relocated and fine tune my alignment.

That kit is through accutune it looks like. If you buy from accutune you can get free shock tuning. I didn’t see if runnin4tacos is offering the tuning. Personally I’m going with the 5a kit from accutune. And I’ll be running 10.5 wide 35’s instead of the normal 12.5 wide so I’ll have a little less trouble fitting them. Anything can fit though with enough cutting lol. The shock relocation if you went with the level 5 kit will give you much more down travel. You can always buy the rear shock relocation kit later on though. And the hammer hangars are a huge upgrade people have said. Everyone seems to love them.

I was looking into their kits also, definitely going with the hangers. I just might go 5A and just be done with it all haha. What tune are you planning on going with? I usually sacrifice daily quality for performance in my tuner days.

That’s how I thought about it lol just buy it all now and be done lol. Was thinking about the heavy duty street tune but might go for just the street tune. I’m trying to stay somewhat lightweight and if I need it a bit stiffer I can just crank the adjusters 🤷🏼‍♂️ We’ll see though. I might go with the heavy duty since I plan on off roading more when I’m out of the military the end of this year.

I also plan to stay light. Thinking soft taco topper and decked system. More ground champing or pull behind m193 type military trailer build out. I like the idea of being able to “leave” camp behind.

Yup I’ve been thinking of a very similar setup lol softopper and maybe a decked or something. I’ve started steering away from rtt’s as well only because I have dogs that I’ll probably have with me unless I’m doing an extended trip

Back