• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Kings or Icon

Desert_taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Money isn't the issues just want to see others opinion about them and why, I can't decide on which one to go with.

I love my ADS Racing shocks, was going to get Kings but after some more research and feedback decided to go with a smaller company. Very pleased with the decision!

I have the icon stage 4. Went with these originally because it was a complete kit and came with the delta joint UCAs. It was also helpful that they ran a 25% off for Black Friday a while back. I do like the look of kings, but was really looking for a complete setup out of the box. After a year of driving I still love the ride.

If I didn't have a constrained budget and could do it again I would have went with Kings with adjusters (since the stage 4 icon doesn't have any adjustment) and the rears are 2.5" shocks (versus the 2" that came with my kit), HD Dakars in the rear, and still the ICON DJ UCAs.

Both are solid and widely used across the off road community. I think it would really be a preference thing. I have some brand new still in the box King coilovers and bajakits UCA’s for sale too if you’re interested

Hey there Andrew!

Both are very good options, however there are some different aspects between both Icon and King.

I personally would sway and recommend you toward King Shocks as the progressive valving is a bit smoother compared to the digressive found in Icon. Next point being King does utilize a 14" length coil as compared to Icon's 13" length coil.

Also, sending you a PM!

Back