• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

King Springs

lost.jake

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
White
So I’m looking for some guidance on my front suspension, can you eliminate preloading a king shock with a taller spring? Currently have 14” 550 springs on the front, I need to make the step up to 600lb springs so can I get the 16” and not preload it or just stick with 14” 600lb? My rear set up is almost dialed in, just trying to get the front good to go.
EA113F34-9A31-4520-8C11-9CFD47B79D64.jpeg

Do you have any extra weight up front?

Do you have photos of your current front setup?

For the oem replacement king shocks up front you can only go 14" springs due to coil binding. Might help jumping up to a 600lb (Thats actually stock weight spring), or 650 if your carrying any weight up front

Do you have any extra weight up front?

Do you have photos of your current front setup?

For the oem replacement king shocks up front you can only go 14" springs due to coil binding. Might help jumping up to a 600lb (Thats actually stock weight spring), or 650 if your carrying any weight up front
No weight yet, trying to get suspension dialed in then hybrid front bumper with winch

No weight yet, trying to get suspension dialed in then hybrid front bumper with winch
I would get your weights on your vehicle set first, then do your shocks. Otherwise youll be chasing re-valves and proper rated springs after every major weight change/upgrade.

I run a hybrid front bumper with a winch...from my own experience doing high-speed driving your gonna want 700lb springs up front

Back