• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Key fob battery life?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
My sons 2016 key fob (push button start. I think may need a battery replacement soon. The key fob 2016-2022 takes either a CR2016 or CR2032.
CR2016 - 6 hrs. CR2032 -10 hrs, CR 2032 is just thicker.

If the key fob battery dies for (push button starts) take the key out of the fob to open the driver side door. Then place the key fob with the Toyota logo facing the push start , on the the push start button, see dash lights on, steering free, remove fob, press brakes, push start button and it should start the Tacoma.

Just talk to my son, since he brought his 2016 new. He had to change his key fob battery two times now. Today is June 2022.
CR2016 battery life 6 hours
CR2032 battery life is 10 hours.
From factory, May last 3-4= years average.

Costco is selling a multiple pack of 12 CR2032 - $ 7.99. I change my 2019 Tacoma key fob battery, My wife’s Camry key fob battery. And I have a few electronic that uses CR2032.
My wife’s Camry , It being over six years since I replace it. We use the car almost ever day.

Back