• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Kenda Klever R/T

Lord Humongous

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
Does anybody have anything to say about Kenda tires? I know nothing of them except I found they they are now making a 35x10.5 r16. It called the Klever R/T and looks like hybrid type all terrain. Good looking sidewalls too.
I'm really thinking about selling my TRD Baja wheels and 255 ST Maxx and going this direction.

kr601_rt_shadow.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-132402_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
A little update. After reading a couple reviews I went ahead and ordered a set in 35/10.5r17. I found them online for $188 per tire with free local pickup which is super cheap for 35s.

Now I just need to figure out what wheel offset, width, ect will work best with my 3" lift. Function wise I'm actually thinking the 4runner TRD wheels may work best. 17x7, +4 offset 4.1 BS. Theres some other options I like better but will probably need to cut deeper when I do my CMC. First world problems...

These tires are awesome. Gobs off road traction plus they are quiter and smoother than my previous ST Maxx. Also super good price point on them as well as 35x10.5 and 33x10.5 options. My favorite set of tires so far!
20190907_122944.jpg

These tires are awesome. Gobs off road traction plus they are quiter and smoother than my previous ST Maxx. Also super good price point on them as well as 35x10.5 and 33x10.5 options. My favorite set of tires so far!
20190907_122944.jpg

I like those tires...

Any follow up? What are your thoughts after 3 months?

Cheers

I run them in 35 10.50 17

love the tires so far. Snow, mud, rocks and pavement they have been great. Can’t hear them on the road either.

I have ran Kendas in the past and these r/ts are far better than the m/ts

7DAB53D3-A4EE-4467-8F72-279ED7951626.jpeg
A0BDF3AA-BFF4-4658-A619-5B1899A7DF11.jpeg

I really wanted a 35x10.5 when I got my 315/75s but no one had them. I've never heard of this brand either, but it's cool that they are making this size. Would you say they are a true 35 or a bit smaller? I know a lot of brands end up with different measurements than what their advertised size is.

I really wanted a 35x10.5 when I got my 315/75s but no one had them. I've never heard of this brand either, but it's cool that they are making this size. Would you say they are a true 35 or a bit smaller? I know a lot of brands end up with different measurements than what their advertised size is.

They measure at 34 7/8 So I’d say that is pretty close to a true 35.

I’ve ran Kendas on Jeep for 40-50k miles and they did just fine. Kenda makes motorcycle tires and are pretty big competitor.

I've run Kenda's on my motorcycle as well, and have never had a complaint.

I believe they make a 33"x10.5"x17" that I'm currently interested in. My primary concern is wet pavement performance (family safety) then off road ability.

Thank you for the feedback.... Anyone else?

Cheers

I've run Kenda's on my motorcycle as well, and have never had a complaint.

I believe they make a 33"x10.5"x17" that I'm currently interested in. My primary concern is wet pavement performance (family safety) then off road ability.

Thank you for the feedback.... Anyone else?

Cheers

They are pretty good on wet pavement. If you keep your foot out of it. But if you drive like a normal person in the rain/ slick conditions they do just fine.

20190907_122944.jpg
Are those the 35"s ? Did you just do a CMC to make them fit without rubbing?

Back