• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

KacosTaco Build

Wheels.jpg

Decided it was time to finally change the stance of the truck. So I started with the wheels and tires to determine what lift kit would be neccessary. I went with the following setup:

BFGoodrich KM3 @ 285/70/17
Method NV 17x8.5" Wheels

92510B13-1994-469D-84B5-6DEB8A4BB637.JPG

IMG_3587 copy.jpg

In order to run the 285s, I need to do some work. I purchased a 2" Boss Lift with Eibach Springs, rear struts and 1" blocks in the rear. This leveled the truck as well as gave it the mandatory clearance to run the new wheel + tire setup.

In addition to the lift kit, I also had my local custom auto shop do the Cab Mount Chop and minor trimming of the plastics to make this a for sure fit with no rubbing. Mission accomplished, no rubbing at all and plenty of clearance. Loving this new look.

IMG_3500 copy.jpg

IMG_3678 copy.jpg

IMG_3671 2 copy.jpg

IMG_3673 copy.jpg

IMG_3697 copy.jpg

Late welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliments on the design we have.

Your truck is really clean looking, especially the black on black. I also dig the format you’re using for your build thread. It spices it up a bit.

Smoked out the turn signals and I am so glad I did. This little mod goes a long way. These lights were ordered from Runnin' 4 Tacos but are made by Meso Custom.

I also added some new badges from Runnin' 4 Tacos as well as new magnet support flags from Tactilian, in support of the first responders in my family and for all who serve our communities.

37CF4624-AA17-49A8-BA2E-81E2458E9B33.JPG

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

Here is my current build as of 12/06/19.

Recent Mods:
  • BFGoodrich KM3 Tires @ 285/75/17
  • Method NV Wheels @ 17x8.5"
  • Method Flush Center Cap
  • Black Lugs
  • Toytec 2" Lift Kit: Boss rear struts, Eibach springs, 1" rear blocks
  • Cab Mount Chop + Plastic Trim
  • Smoked Turn Signals
  • Tactilian Support Magnets
  • TRD Sport Badging
  • Tacoma OEM Bed Mat
  • WeatherTech Floor Liners
  • Courtesy LED Lights for Side Steps
  • LED Bed Lights
  • All Chrome Emblems Delete

Upcoming Mods:
  • Spyder Auto LED Tail Lights
  • LED Headlights w/ Black Housings
  • TRD Skid Plate
  • Amber Fogs
  • Ditch Lights

IMG_3641.jpg

Last edited:
Late welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliments on the design we have.

Your truck is really clean looking, especially the black on black. I also dig the format you’re using for your build thread. It spices it up a bit.
Thanks, Tyler! Ya man, stoked on this site and its usability. Much cleaner. Also stoked you dig the setup currently. Looking forward to sharing more mods soon!

Back