• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Just a rant / complaint....

Ran into a friend of mine who has a 2018 Limited 4Runner...she has heated and cooled seats yet my 2018 Limited Tacoma only has heated and my truck cost as much if not more then her 4Runner, damn you Toyota!
Feel your pain , why the Tacoma gets the short stick who knows ,

Has anyone ever put together a list of standard equipment and included options of each model Taco? From base line to top of the heep?

Definitely one option I would have paid extra for.. cooled seats are amazing!

Ran into a friend of mine who has a 2018 Limited 4Runner...she has heated and cooled seats yet my 2018 Limited Tacoma only has heated and my truck cost as much if not more then her 4Runner, damn you Toyota!
Although you’re right about the seats, it seems like the 4Runner interior is actually less fancy. Starting with the instrument and head unit screens.

Although you’re right about the seats, it seems like the 4Runner interior is actually less fancy. Starting with the instrument and head unit screens.

My lease is up in a year, thankfully my kid is being born April so I'll be able to see if I can manage the size. If not, I'll go to a Tundra or 4Runner - I want to lift and put wheels and tires on my truck but man, I can't seem to find one in my price range and I refuse to put it on a credit card.

Toyota does this on some of the smallest things too..... we have a SR5 4Runner, base 2WD model, and all 4 of her windows are Auto Up/Down, while on my Taco, only the front 2 are Auto. It's really no big deal - just for comparisons sake. Heated seats, I could live without being in Texas but the cooled seats would be really nice.

Also, it would've been awesome if Toyota kept in line with the 4Runner and Tundra with the entire back window coming down. I had a Tundra before my Taco and I miss rolling it down while sitting in front of a F150 and their tiny drive through window. ha!

I am on your side of the rant.

My lease is up in a year, thankfully my kid is being born April so I'll be able to see if I can manage the size. If not, I'll go to a Tundra or 4Runner - I want to lift and put wheels and tires on my truck but man, I can't seem to find one in my price range and I refuse to put it on a credit card.
Good question. The Taco sucks for adults in the back and a child in a car seat would take up a similar amount of space. Their feet will be touching the front seat I would imagine. Is a 4Runner bigger in the back? Obviously the Tundra would solve this.

Toyota does this on some of the smallest things too..... we have a SR5 4Runner, base 2WD model, and all 4 of her windows are Auto Up/Down, while on my Taco, only the front 2 are Auto. It's really no big deal - just for comparisons sake. Heated seats, I could live without being in Texas but the cooled seats would be really nice.

Also, it would've been awesome if Toyota kept in line with the 4Runner and Tundra with the entire back window coming down. I had a Tundra before my Taco and I miss rolling it down while sitting in front of a F150 and their tiny drive through window. ha!

I am on your side of the rant.
Exactly! Why are they not consistent? It almost seems easier to manufacturer them that way anyway.

About the rolling window on the Taco, I would kill for that. When weather is nice (like even 55° and sunny nice), I always drive with all my windows down. I love the air. I’d always have that rear window down. Plus, it looks cool.

Good question. The Taco sucks for adults in the back and a child in a car seat would take up a similar amount of space. Their feet will be touching the front seat I would imagine. Is a 4Runner bigger in the back? Obviously the Tundra would solve this.

The 4Runner is definitely bigger in the back than the Tacos. I would even go as far as bigger and much more roomy than the Highlander. The Tundra Crewmax is probably the most spacious backseat of all their vehicles and it was really comfortable sitting in the back of mine.

The 4Runner is definitely bigger in the back than the Tacos. I would even go as far as bigger and much more roomy than the Highlander. The Tundra Crewmax is probably the most spacious backseat of all their vehicles and it was really comfortable sitting in the back of mine.

I'm 6'2 220, in the back of the Crewmax I cna have the driver seat all the way back and still stretch out completely - I loved that.

I wonder if you could pull those seats out of 4Runner and put them into a Taco? Wire up the cooled side to a toggle switch.

Depends on how they're cooled, some manufactures use a small hvac hose rigged up into the back and base of the seat with perforated leather. If its just a cooling element I'm sure that could be done however.

Yeah the 4runner is bigger, the Tundra would be key but I'm unsure if I need a truck at this point...they're nice to have but I'm not sure.

Back