• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jfrisch’s Red Taco build

Dropped it in a car show a month or two ago. Haven’t had time to really get out and wheel lately.

Gotta change the water pump, stupid me didn’t change it when the motor was out. Changed pretty much everything else though, just not the most time consuming one lol

Oh well, if this was easy everyone would do it right?

Been searching for a good deal on a supercharger setup lately as well…

Twin sticks would also be very good for it. Can’t fully commit on that though. The taco box was cool and all, but around me there’s not the right terrain for it. We have rocks/ sand/ leaves on the trails. Not smooth/ semi smooth boulders. It mostly ends up in wheel speed to get up and over the obstacles.

Might start posting more with winter here, I know there’s a want for an updated YouTube video. I just don’t have the time. I know I pushed out a lot, but it took up a lot of my already don’t have free time. Plus, I’m not gonna put out click bait type videos to get views. It’s either the real shit or nothing. There hasn’t been much real going on, so you get nothing lol that will hopefully change.

Tons of questions on the swap though, glad to see it is coming up in the tacoma world though! Definitely wanted something different and that to my knowledge no one else has done, specifically the way I did. A Lexus v8 with a manual tcase from a tacoma in an 18’ on 37s.

A1CD5BC7-640E-4C83-AF8A-A7424FC103C4.jpeg

Back