TOPPERS/CAMPERS It’s official, I’m a homeowner (camper photos)

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I’m totally cheating by making a new thread for this and not posting it in the photo section. I’m just so excited, don’t ban me!

It’s official, The Wandering Winterfields are homeowners! It was a wild six month wait for our @fourwheelcampers, especially since we had never seen one in person. We watched many videos about them but still didn’t know what to expect with the configuration we went with. Let’s just say it is WAY cooler than we expected (not that we had low expectations). We are extremely excited about our choice to have a “blank” interior for us to DIY (not even a furnace), and the black on the tan truck is just perfect. The camper, dry, weighs 806lbs. The DobinsonsUSA 1000lb leaf springs hardly sagged and I don’t even have the airbags in yet. I already drove the truck 300+ miles and the @nitrogears 5.29s and OVTune still had the truck moving better than stock. @remmenbrakes heavy duty brakes are doing their job well, I definitely needed these. Handling is a little sloppier, almost like not having a sway-bar, but not quite as bad as that. Highway driving went from ~13/14 MPH to 12 MPH. And the amount of people who break their neck to check ‘er out is unreal. @mainlineoverland (located PA and NH) were a killer group to work with and are literal experts on these campers — thanks for the pizza, guys. Lastly, my @relentlessfabrication tire swing-out will need to be slightly modified to fit, but easy enough that I should be able to do it myself as one of my first welding projects. Interior shots and a full walkthrough coming soon!

0C73CFB1-403D-4A54-BFB1-F8EDDF8548CC.jpeg
1E60A670-D248-4D29-BA70-74EBFD737EFE.jpeg
AC7EA1E0-5730-4423-B410-3BF0A8EE9759.jpeg
527A7E08-5A6D-49EA-A8F4-02ECF81D502D.jpeg
D299FE5C-A232-4F52-8894-E100E9632B65.jpeg
71A9ED29-2AC6-4E40-B6AE-0E0DFC9890A9.jpeg
80779035-8B64-4E41-8A48-E16CB15BE4B5.jpeg
51DE58FF-FF89-4DB9-9DCB-757A078876FF.jpeg

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Reactions: Jay

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Not sure if you’re kidding or not (in a respectful way). But no, I paid for it outright. $13,000 for the camper, $15,000 after various fees — biggest lump sum I’ve ever spent.

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I’m not sure if a VA loan would work for this or not.

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Wow, nice!
Any pictures of the interior yet?
I know this is weird, but no I really haven’t taken any. Things have been hectic lately and I also want to film a full walkthrough video ASAP.

Top Bottom