• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

is wider tires on a daily 2019 i4 worth it

tennessee taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
i have a completely new stock, base model, access cab 4x4 2019 taco with inline 4. I was wondering if its worth it to put bigger,wider tires/rims on it. Also in doing this, would it worsen the already crappily paired transmission to engine problem because it has its moments where it shifts hard...ALOT. in the nearby future im also puttin a high clearance full metal front bumper with skid plate,upgrades upper arms, and a high clearance full metal rear bumper with the spare tire swing mount and the full metal roof rack and a ham radio(any recommended radios and antennas in particular) goin to make this taco into an over lander also down the road probably installing havoc front amd rear suspension

Is it worth it is completely up to you and a personal decision.

Will it effect the transmission and power, absolutely. You'll very likely want to consider gears if you get the larger tires and the rest of the armor etc that you mentioned.

Back