• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ironman 4x4 lift kit

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Anyone with aIronman 4x4 Stage two lift kit install?

I have a 2019 TRD long bed.....4x4.....After searching the many options out there.....Ironman Stage two is a complete kit .....and the foams shocks seems its works well for the long term...
The prices have gone up and I have to ship to Hawaii...but I really want to have this Ironman Stage two kit...?
But looking for reviews? Before ordering..
Comments....
Aloha

Just read some reviews (Ironman)...on another site ...two mention...rust on shocks and coils ( paint faking off) and after two years..report leaks on the foam shocks..

Now I am re-searching for other lifts ...hope things improve…
Thank you
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what hookers, drugs & lift kits all have in common?

They’re fun to play with and you get what you pay for.

They have a long history building 4x4 products in Australia....but seeing those rusted coil springs and shocks ....I final got real pictures of there Ironman lift kits on Tacoma’s ..only two years on the trucks and looks bad ..plus leaking foam shocks..
Glad I didn’t place a order..
Thanks guys ....feed back is always important...!

I am looking as Bilstein 6112 front and 5160 rears with aals ... possible Ready-lift SST?
And JBA’s uca..?
Aloha

All depends on your application man.

Just stick to proven brands like King, Fox, Bilstein, OME, Icon and Archive and you should be fine.

I have the Ironman stage 2 foam shocks coming. I found good reviews on them and yes the part of them rusting. My original plan was an OME, but the reviews on the rear springs kept me from buying that. I have OME before and like them on different vehicles.
Ironman has been around since about 1958, I think giving them a try.
I really like my RadFlo suspension, but I could not afford to go a high dollar suspension, time will tell if I made the right choice.

hope to get installed in about 12 days

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 242
Lift is installed, I wanted about a 2' lift, end up getting 3" in front and 5" in back, truck sits really nice now, but a little higher than I want.

Lift is installed, I wanted about a 2' lift, end up getting 3" in front and 5" in back, truck sits really nice now, but a little higher than I want.
I just ordered that lift, let me know what wheelies and tires you end up stuffing in there.

They have a long history building 4x4 products in Australia....but seeing those rusted coil springs and shocks ....I final got real pictures of there Ironman lift kits on Tacoma’s ..only two years on the trucks and looks bad ..plus leaking foam shocks..
Glad I didn’t place a order..
Thanks guys ....feed back is always important...!

I am looking as Bilstein 6112 front and 5160 rears with aals ... possible Ready-lift SST?
And JBA’s uca..?
Aloha
I have the 6112, fronts, and the 5160 rears. go that route, you cant go wrong there

Now that you've had the ironman for a bit, how's it working out?
Great, I would recommend them. I have about 7k miles on it. I got the heavier rear leaf spring setup and they where way too much suspension. I had to have a leaf removed and they are still a bit too much, but I will need to finish my build and see how it does. When we put the suspension on, we had the front coil overs set in the middle and I ended up with 3” of lift and the rear got 5” of lift, since taking the leaf out, I got just over 4” in the back. I think the ride is good, better than stock, harder but still better.

Last edited:
I just installed the Ironman Stage 2 kit (foam cell, heavy load front shocks, heavy load rear leaf pack) on my truck over the holidays. Some thoughts and advice I have...

1. Unless you're mildly mechanically inclined, don't do the install yourself. There were some physically demanding/difficult steps, and I powered through, but I think it might be worth the $800-1000 you'd pay for a shop to do it, because it really is a lot of work.
2. Opt for the springs pre-mounted on the front shocks. I didn't do that and I didn't order new spring top hats, so I had to drop my lower control arm to remove my old springs from the old coils so I could re-use the top hats. The new springs were so tight/strong that I couldn't get them on myself via the cheating way (like I did removing the stock set) and had to take them to a shop. I ended up dinging them up a little bit, so I'll have to keep an eye on that paint to see if they rust soon. However, I must stress that you should absolutely not try using those flimsy coil compressors you see at Harbor Freight and auto parts stores. The guys at the shop that mounted my springs were afraid of them and they used the big standard machine. Those heavy load springs are no freaking joke!
3. Remove a leaf or two from the pack. Ironman suggested I remove number 3 and possibly number 5. I like clearance so I only removed the 3rd leaf and kept the rest. I didn't have any extra weight on the truck aside from my camper shell and the fairly light Victory 4x4 racks and I ended up with about 4.125" lift in the front and 4.75-5.125" in the rear. I'm absolutely freaking stoked with how it looks though. Even with the extra height, the bright green springs don't really stick out obnoxiously, which was something I feared and even considered painting them black before install, but now I'm glad I didn't.

I'm not sure how the 0-110 lbs "performance" load springs are. I checked specs on the load ratings and it seems like the heavy load stuff is just a nudge stronger/stiffer than the regular springs, but I figure I'm only going to be adding weight to the truck over its lifespan, not removing anything.

Despite the nearly 15 hours of work (had minimal help from a couple friends throughout the two days), I had a decent experience installing it and I love how my truck looks. I can definitely tell the suspension is stiffer, but I don't mind it. My wife seems to notice as well (though I think I had to point it out to her first, and now she brings it up but I think it's related to her hunger level at the time haha). I haven't hit any trails yet because CO just got hit with snow and my normal trail buddy is out for a back injury, but I'll be putting it to the test soon. See attached for how the truck turned out!

It's worth mentioning that I work with someone that has a 2010 4Runner with the stage 2 kit on it as well, and he has about 30k miles (estimated 5k off pavement) on his and absolutely loves it. With that insanely good deal that Ironman was running for the holidays (approx $2500 for the kit), I'm not sure you can go wrong getting it.

Attachments

• PXL_20211227_234413668.jpg
    PXL_20211227_234413668.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 284
  • PXL_20211220_202142380.jpg
    PXL_20211220_202142380.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20211221_181253_056.jpg
    IMG_20211221_181253_056.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 212
  • PXL_20211223_170353837.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211223_170353837.MP.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Very nice ….I like the way your truck sits…. The Ironman is a complete kit…and has been tested many times…

Ironman is definitely a lift kit to consider…..I almost got one…but went with the Bilstein 6112 & 5160’s

Nicely done!
Aloha

Back