• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ironman 3" lift

21greenXPoffroad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Completed the Stsge 2 ironman 3" lift myself.
- Ovaer all - good quality, satisfactory result.
- Ironman's coils and leaf's are produced by Toyo - about as good as you can get.
- UCA quality - forged alu. Very good.
- Assembly went well for a novice.
- A couple of misses: the New UCA requires a larger diameter fastener (Supplied) so the bracket that holds the ABS cable to the UCA needs to be drilled out. The OEM fastener to fasten the Emergency break cable is a bit short for the new leaf pack bracket, but can work with force.
- Instructions and videos can be improved.
- I completed this alone, but would not recommend it.
- overall - good result.

Attachments

• 20211125_112027.jpg
    20211125_112027.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20211127_125650.jpg
    20211127_125650.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the review. I plan to get this lift bur will likely have it installed at a shop.

One key point I forgot is that, the sheet metal in the wheel well interferes with the removal of the long UCA bolt - but everyone who changes the UCA on a taco faces the same issue - regardless of the kit purchased.
I was able to bend it to clear the removal of the bolt (Ironman vidoe covers this well) and then tap it back to original position when completed. Be sure paint is reapplied to the sheet metal since disruption of the paint is almost unavoidable.
Good luck!

Nice ….Please let us know after a year..how it still performs….
It seem like a well made FULL kit, WTH nothing else to buy….A complete kit…!

Most other lifts you need add ons..
Aloha

Nice ….Please let us know after a year..how it still performs….
It seem like a well made FULL kit, WTH nothing else to buy….A complete kit…!

Most other lifts you need add ons..
Aloha
Great idea,
I'll do a 1 year review, it'll give me a chance to sress test the suspension.
One immediate benefit I did note was handling.
The handling of the taco improved 10X, even though the CG was lifted - better than expected.

Back