• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

iPhone question

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
So this is going to sound dumb but I need help with this. I use an Android and my wife insists on having an iPhone. My question is this. Every single time she sends me a photo she took with her phone, be it through text or email, it's all fucked up. Its blurry, can't be zoomed in on, edited.. nothing. Is there a special way she needs to format them when she sends them?

I'm on iPhone, when Android people send me pics they do the same thing. Have you tried using FB messenger?

It has been the same both ways for me my whole life, my girlfriend's entire family is Andriod and my whole family is iPhone and all of our images are fucked when we try to transfer. Once I get married I am getting her an iPhone asap so we can at least collaborate on images.

Even through email?? There has to be a way. I'll have to give FB messenger a shot too

Last edited:
Since Droid and Apple have different operating systems, Droid has to send the photo as a “MMS”. If when she sends you the photo, she has a poor connection, it will compress the info and make the photo low quality. Try this instead.

So this is going to sound dumb but I need help with this. I use an Android and my wife insists on having an iPhone. My question is this. Every single time she sends me a photo she took with her phone, be it through text or email, it's all fucked up. Its blurry, can't be zoomed in on, edited.. nothing. Is there a special way she needs to format them when she sends them?
I'm on iPhone, when Android people send me pics they do the same thing. Have you tried using FB messenger?

I think this happens when the Android user has poor cell reception. I’m pretty sure that’s the only reason why. It might be that you should have this setting turned on?

Edit: It sounds like both “send as SMS” and “MMS messaging” under it, could be related.
CAEB3B4C-70B8-4D5A-93C2-D2FAC6856178.jpeg

Since Droid and Apple have different operating systems, Droid has to send the photo as a “MMS”. If when she sends you the photo, she has a poor connection, it will compress the info and make the photo low quality. Try this instead.

Yeah, this^

Last edited:
I had a droid for years, I didn't like my last one, and I was sick of Verizon, so I jumped ship to T Mobil, to get a free new I Phone 12. Off course as soon as I do, Verizon has the free phone deal. and I am regretting moving to T mobile. They get my bill wrong, every month. my service area sucks by my house. Plus. phones are getting way to technical. Or I need to lay off the Medical. one or the other

Oops

Last edited:
I had a droid for years, I didn't like my last one, and I was sick of Verizon, so I jumped ship to T Mobil, to get a free new I Phone 12. Off course as soon as I do, Verizon has the free phone deal. and I am regretting moving to T mobile. They get my bill wrong, every month. my service area sucks by my house. Plus. phones are getting way to technical. Or I need to lay off the Medical. one or the other
Can you enable WiFi calling? That would help with signal at home.

Carriers will always resize photos to save bandwidth. best way to retain quality was to just sent through Facebook Messenger. It still gets resized, but you retain the visual clarity. If you want the full picture just make a Google Drive folder and give each other access.

Back