• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Interior Cleaning

OAPTACOMA

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
So I cleaned my Tacoma from the inside using the 303 Multi surface cleaner and it left my doors and dash oily and greasy, what do y’all recommend to get rid of the oily residue. Thanks in advance!!

I would just use some dawn liquid dish soap, some warm water, and a few rags. I have also used that 303 product and have learned the hard way less is more. I have a golden retriever and she loves to ride around with the windows down. Turned my dash into a lint roller haha!

So I cleaned my Tacoma from the inside using the 303 Multi surface cleaner and it left my doors and dash oily and greasy, what do y’all recommend to get rid of the oily residue. Thanks in advance!!
It goes away on its own over time. Some people like that wet Armor All look. But if you have a pet that sheds it’s a different story!

Trick is getting it off using something strong enough to remove the oil film but not so strong that you pull out the dye in the plastics. Dish soap isnt a bad idea. If it doesn't work, then try a low ISO mix. Always test on a non-conspicuous spot first just to ensure you're not going to destroy anything.

And in the future use an automotive specific interior apc. You can get the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Interior Detailer from just about anywhere and it works great. For $7 you can't beat it.

Im a big fan of Chemical Guys products. I havent come across one that doesnt do what it says yet, and I have ALOT of their stuff.

Back