• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Performance Installed the Toyota Performance Intake

Ruben Z

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Website
overlandz.com
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I won this thing on a giveaway and installed it in about 15-20 minutes. Honestly to me i do notice a little improved responsiveness when I'm cruising and then step on it. I don't noticed much off the line from a dead stop unless I really gun it. It does have a little better sound but honestly it would probably make more sense to pair this with a better exhaust. You can see my write-up here: https://www.overlandz.com/tacoma-trd-air-intake/

IMG_3136.jpeg

Interesting. I'd honestly only get an aftermarket intake for the sound.

I've heard you can put together this same intake for significantly cheaper if you buy all of the parts separately from a dealership.

Interesting. I'd honestly only get an aftermarket intake for the sound.

I've heard you can put together this same intake for significantly cheaper if you buy all of the parts separately from a dealership.

ya I’ve heard people piece it together for like 280 through online parts stores.

Curious how it handles over time and if there is any difference worth the price

Back