• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Initial Mods

bakerotter11

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Just upgraded from my old '95 tacoma to a 2018. Wondering what y'all recommend starting with as I start to make the truck my own. Just looking to do some weekend overlanding and dailying the truck during the week. Thanks

Tailgate anti theft bracket for starters

I second the tailgate lock. Worth it for peace of mind.

Otherwise, I'd just drive the truck and mod as you want/need.

For example, I took my truck off road and was constantly scraping the skid plate and worrying about clearance so I did a lift with more aggressive tires.

I started off doing things that should have come OEM like that anti-theft bracket, then door pocket and cup holder inserts, then LED license plate lights, vanity lights and dome/map lights. Then I focused on things that made the truck more comfortable like tinting the windows.

In my opinion these are incredibly capable trucks in stock form. I would definitely get a good set of tires. From there it depends on what you like to do with it. do you need racks for bikes, kayaks, etc? camper? totes to store gear? recovery equipment? armor? the list is endless!

Just remember to enjoy the truck!

Back