• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Imogene and Engineer Pass

Icefog34

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I am planning a trip through these two passes, come July. It will be my first time and I'm going with a few people that don't have Tacomas. Have any of you been through these areas? What can I expect with a fully loaded Tacoma? Should I be skerd?? hehe

Shelf roads. Still some snow. Lots of runoff. Some creek crossings, muddy, and wet conditions.
Please check staythetrail.org for maps and information about OHV use in colorado. Please please stay on the designated trails and avoid "mudding" as it hurts our abilities to keep these trails open.

Engineer is currently open. Imogene should be open come 4th of july week. Neither are difficult, can be done in mostly 2wd high clearance vehicles.
Anticipate everything whether wise, you will get snow mid summer up there. It may be 70 degrees in ouray and 40 degrees on the summits. Lightning can be a serious problem, be prepared for that.
Amazing scenery and beautiful area. Enjoy, and help us keep it that way.

I absolutely won't go off trail. It upsets me when I see people tearing the land up. Ruins it for everyone. 😒
Thank you for the info!

I absolutely won't go off trail. It upsets me when I see people tearing the land up. Ruins it for everyone. 😒
Thank you for the info!
Yeah we assume that most people are better than that, but we also assume that some people just don't know any better, and that's why we bring it up. We are local to that area so it is a big focus of ours. If you need anything while you're down here just give us a holler. Have fun

I grew up in Ouray and will be traveling around that area at the end of June. i'll let you know how the trails are. In the past they haven't been bad but I haven't been there in a couple years.

Last edited:
Yeah we assume that most people are better than that, but we also assume that some people just don't know any better, and that's why we bring it up. We are local to that area so it is a big focus of ours. If you need anything while you're down here just give us a holler. Have fun
I sure do appreciate it, thank you! And you're right, plenty of people don't know better or simply don't care. I love Ouray though and will do my utmost to help keep it pristine 😊

You'll love it. I ran Imogene, Black Bear, and Ophir quite a few years ago in a 4 Runner. Good views and good drive. I'm headed back in August to trail hop from Colorado Springs to Moab and those are some of the trails on the list. Have fun!!

I grew up in Ouray and will be traveling around that area at the end of June. i'll let you know how the trails are. In the past they haven't been bad but I haven't been there in a couple years.
Best childhood ever I bet! 😊

Back