• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

If you know an obstacle requires rock sliders, have rock sliders before you attempt it...

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
If you haven't see this around Instagram, figured I'd throw it up here too. The dude that was spotting had never been offroading, but I'm still not sure how he didn't use common sense to tell me I was too close, lol.

I like pushing my limits. Sometimes I have to learn the hard way, but no regrets.

3A8C0B45-C822-4229-AD8A-CD3FBA1F7749.jpg
3F52FB5F-ADEF-496A-AE40-BAF93CFCF244.jpg
17285BF5-446E-4B73-BEE0-2C53508B1C6C.jpg
0E346A53-0F76-4FEC-BAA9-A11A83092F21.jpg

Some times it just is what it is. When I drive boats for Uncle Sam's yacht club, I'd hit shit all the time. I wasn't trying to, but accidents happen, and the mission was always completed.

Now buy sliders. (Says the guy who doesn't climb rocks with his truck for fun)....

Some times it just is what it is. When I drive boats for Uncle Sam's yacht club, I'd hit shit all the time. I wasn't trying to, but accidents happen, and the mission was always completed.

Now buy sliders. (Says the guy who doesn't climb rocks with his truck for fun)....
Definitely need sliders. I also need more money, lol.

Definitely need sliders. I also need more money, lol.
Mo money, mo "why don't you pay for new furniture, why you need shit fo yo truck"...

But I'm drinking right now....

Ouch, live and learn. I tore my rear bumper off a few weeks after I got my taco. I got super lucky I didn't mess up the radar thing. I think those are $800 to replace

Ouch, live and learn. I tore my rear bumper off a few weeks after I got my taco. I got super lucky I didn't mess up the radar thing. I think those are $800 to replace
Sounds like $800 to put toward a high clearance.

Sounds like $800 to put toward a high clearance.
I like the way you think. I had to get it fixed at the shop and just let them replace the bumper. I went through insurance and paid my deductible. I twisted the rear end up and was told the frame had to be straightened out. I believed him because my tailgate barely closed on one side lol. LESSON LEARNED - get spotters who have been offroad before :confused:

I like the way you think. I had to get it fixed at the shop and just let them replace the bumper. I went through insurance and paid my deductible. I twisted the rear end up and was told the frame had to be straightened out. I believed him because my tailgate barely closed on one side lol. LESSON LEARNED - get spotters who have been offroad before :confused:
You would think that lesson wouldn’t matter. How hard is it for them to tell us to stop because the earth is in the way of our truck, lol...

That video still makes me cringe, the only person I fully trust spotting my truck is myself. It's nice now that my wife likes drive offroad, let's me brush up on my spotting skilz. Of course we don't have rocks like that in FL.:unsure:

That video still makes me cringe, the only person I fully trust spotting my truck is myself. It's nice now that my wife likes drive offroad, let's me brush up on my spotting skilz. Of course we don't have rocks like that in FL.:unsure:
I trust @Paige. She’s good at it.

Back