• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

If you have a stock TRD OR long bed truck, I need a favor

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I regularly get asked how much lift my truck has. But after all the weight and adjustments I have made to my set up, I really have no idea.

So, if I could get the measurements from a stock truck, I might have some general idea of how much lift my truck has. If anyone one is willing to measure yours, please measure from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender in a straight line. Do it for the front and the back and then we can compare numbers.

In this photo, I need your measurement of the green line for the front and rear of the truck.
D9F62095-F0A0-48B4-B1BA-BE3CBDE7A5BB_1_201_a.jpeg

I found the numbers in my phone.

Stock was 21.5” front and 21.25” rear.

My measurements today are 24.75” front and 26.9” rear.

That means I have about 3.25” lift front and 5.65” rear. The rear is like that because of the airbags. I’ll take a comparison photo tomorrow.

That's a more substantial lift than I thought you had. Looking forward to the pics

Best comparison photos I could come up. Didn’t use a photo with the camper because those photos have airbags.

I think the 35s filling in the fenders make the lift look less substantial than the numbers imply.

BCABA002-2959-4B7B-9409-F64C2668382B.jpeg

Back