• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I Wrapped My Tacoma In Dark Gloss Grey! Here's the results and how you can do it too!

DarkDefence

2️⃣ Bronze
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
darkdefence.co
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
While waiting on our next bach of lights for the Dark Defence lighting company (We currwntly sell 3" high-powered pod lights) I thought I'd take the extra time to wrap my truck and change the color from black to Dark Gloss Grey!

The color is like a combination between cement grey and MGM grey and it looks AMAZING!! It's like a dark cement color, it's super nice with the black accents!

I will try to post some more photos later in the forum, but for now, here's the video and results - First video is shorter, second video has some techniques and goes over how I did a lot of the wrap job if YOU want to do it youself!

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblFLDEWy8I

Here's the longer more drawn out version for those more seriously interested in doing a full tacoma wrap!

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgiPnhM9uFI

Thanks for checking it out, if you have other questions, let me know - I'd be glad to help out!

Feel free to share with anyone interested in doing something like this!

You can also see the images below of what it looks like in various lighting conditions.

8.JPG

15.JPG

13.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

Turned out great! How long did it take you to wrap it?

Turned out great! How long did it take you to wrap it?

It took me around 6 full days. it wasn't easy because it was my first time doing this type of thing. looks dang good, everyone driving a tacoma keeps looking it not sure if it's cement or what... Kinda funny actually. It's like a super dark cement. Really loving the look of it!

looks like the Stingray Colored JL Wrangler I had before the Taco. Nice color.

That looks so good. I want to wrap mine so bad. Just don’t want to do it my self

Back