• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I m new to this site and Looking to lift my 2018 Tacoma.

Tacomaguy169

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hello,
I am new to this site and i'm looking for recommendations on how to go about choosing the best set ip for my truck. I got my truck 3 years ago hoping to have put a lot more mods into than i have so fare, do to being diagnosed with AML leukemia January 2019 it unfortunately has held me back a lot. I was hoping to put a 3" lift in my truck and some meatier tires as well. I am on a budget do to the fact im currently not working do to the cancer coming back once again and this time from what my doctors are saying i need to start living my life 6 months at a time, so this Tacoma project is huge to me and would really like to get it completed quick enough so i can enjoy it before it's to late. I was quoted by one guy for $1,500 for the 3" lift using "Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System- Stage 1" and also including with his services he figure on these kits 4 hours plus alignment, which includes strut assembly. Parts would be the Eibach kit, needle bearing eliminator, Toyota axle seal, front diff flush, 2x Toyota top hat assemblies and ma sales tax, all added up. I wasn't sure if that's a good deal or not. and then if i was to go with this kit what would be a good tire to upgrade too that won't make the ride bumpy and also won't scrape or anything and will be road legal. This is my daily driver, so i'm not doing heavy loads in it, other than maybe the seasonal mulching in my yard. So I guess bottom line is im looking to keep this is a daily driver, but i want it to look as badass as i possibly can within a budget. I did just order a DV8 FBTT1-05 Center Mount Winch Capable Black Front Bumper, to give it a meaner look in the front. If anyone can help me out with my build and have any suggestions that would be great !!
Thank you very much!!!
Matt

Let's look at a path to work through this question first.

1) $1,500 for the 3" lift using "Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System- Stage 1" and also including with his services he figure on these kits 4 hours plus alignment, which includes strut assembly. Parts would be the Eibach kit, needle bearing eliminator, Toyota axle seal, front diff flush, 2x Toyota top hat assemblies and ma sales tax, all added up

Suggest you itemize it to make that decision, below are estimates. Search parts to get exact.

$600 Eibach kit
$60 Needle bearing eliminator, fact the shop is aware of these and insist on it is a good sign of in depth knowledge of Tacoma
$20 Seal
$30 Fluid
$150 Wheel Alignment
$120 ($60×2) Top Hat Assembly. Kit calls for reusing but if truck has some miles never a better time to replace.

$980 parts + 4 hours labor. I see 4 hours as very conservative considering the seal eliminator work is included. So $500 labor for a good experienced shop you are doing well.

Hope this is helpful in the cost decision making process.

Last edited:
2) and then if i was to go with this kit what would be a good tire to upgrade too that won't make the ride bumpy and also won't scrape or anything and will be road legal. This is my daily driver, so i'm not doing heavy loads in i

Tire size info is readily available here and reading through can be a very educational and enlightening experience. Study up to understand Wheel Back Spacing and Offset first.

As it seems you are not going offroad and more concerned with ride quality so suggest stay with light truck tire in an All Terrain tread Avoid heavy side wall and Mud Terrain designs.

3) I did just order a DV8 FBTT1-05 Center Mount Winch Capable Black Front Bumper, to give it a meaner look in the front.

This bumper allows for a 20" slim LED light bar so have it in advance and be sure the wire harness is long enough or extend in advance to avoid removing the grill again.

Same with winch if you intend to install one. See my post on Fab Fours Hidden Winch Bumper for some insight.

Let's look at a path to work through this question first.

1) $1,500 for the 3" lift using "Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System- Stage 1" and also including with his services he figure on these kits 4 hours plus alignment, which includes strut assembly. Parts would be the Eibach kit, needle bearing eliminator, Toyota axle seal, front diff flush, 2x Toyota top hat assemblies and ma sales tax, all added up

Suggest you itemize it to make that decision, below are estimates. Search parts to get exact.

$600 Eibach kit
$60 Needle bearing eliminator, fact the shop is aware of these and insist on it is a good sign of in depth knowledge of Tacoma
$20 Seal
$30 Fluid
$150 Wheel Alignment
$120 ($60×2) Top Hat Assembly. Kit calls for reusing but if truck has some miles never a better time to replace.

$980 parts + 4 hours labor. I see 4 hours as very conservative considering the seal eliminator work is included. So $500 labor for a good experienced shop you are doing well.

Hope this is helpful in the cost decision making process.
When you say it like that lol Well its my first quote i gotten from a company, I've been asking around. No my old boss and older brother want to take care of it for me, since i don't have the money and not working due to being sick with cancer. The place was charging $150 an hour that i got that quote from. Just seemed like a high labor rate, that's all. but i guess when it comes to custom shops like that, you pay for what you get.

2) and then if i was to go with this kit what would be a good tire to upgrade too that won't make the ride bumpy and also won't scrape or anything and will be road legal. This is my daily driver, so i'm not doing heavy loads in i

Tire size info is readily available here and reading through can be a very educational and enlightening experience. Study up to understand Wheel Back Spacing and Offset first.

As it seems you are not going offroad and more concerned with ride quality so suggest stay with light truck tire in an All Terrain tread Avoid heavy side wall and Mud Terrain designs.

I was looking at these tires, thinking they looked decent and are reasonably priced as well. Yes it is my daily driver, but i do want to enjoy this truck as well and take it off on trails and stuff, nothing to crazy though.

3) I did just order a DV8 FBTT1-05 Center Mount Winch Capable Black Front Bumper, to give it a meaner look in the front.

This bumper allows for a 20" slim LED light bar so have it in advance and be sure the wire harness is long enough or extend in advance to avoid removing the grill again.

Same with winch if you intend to install one. See my post on Fab Fours Hidden Winch Bumper for some insight.
Yeah i was thinking of using the wiring harness my current light bar kit came with , hoping that would just work fine. On getting a winch, thats where im stuck, there are some out there that are very expensive and then some cheaper ones, do i stay away from the cheap ones and guess they are junk or that the more expensive
ones are overpriced...?

Thank you very much though, i appreciate all the feedback and suggestions.

Greetings Matt,
There are many to choose from, and Eibach is certainly a good brand to start with. it seems to me that quote is just for front shocks, a 3 inch ready lift. You will eventually want to level out the back if you go that route. This is a great resource page. May I suggest that you go to the build , and introduction thread. Due some solid research, cause there is many great trucks on this page, many built for different types of 4 wheeling, with budgets from very modest, to extreme. You will probably answer your own questions. Welcome to the forum.

Back