• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I have a problem... I can't stop buying sh!t.

406Camper

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
I am supposed to be getting ready for Cruise Moab in a week and I have a ton of things to install and do before hand but I can't stop buying more stuff which means more projects that need to get done.
Is there a cure?
I pulled the trigger or these this morning. Seriously, I have to stop.
1649993132657.png

And these:
1649993277376.png

1649993330429.png

1649993460726.png

Why is that indeflate thing $169? I guarantee you spend more time hooking up un hooking and coiling hose with that than with an ARB E-Z Deflator or the Terraflex deflators. I had no idea those things were so much money. And then you have to store all the hose! Wow.

And when you're inflating, I don't see how it saves time either because you still have to go to each tire twice and then the compressor is now inflating two tires so that'll take twice as long.

In the Ronny Dahl video he comments that it equalized the pressure, but only I can't imagine why that matters for off road driving.

Even still you could make this for $50 with parts from Napa.

Why is that indeflate thing $169? I guarantee you spend more time hooking up un hooking and coiling hose with that than with an ARB E-Z Deflator or the Terraflex deflators. I had no idea those things were so much money. And then you have to store all the hose! Wow.

And when you're inflating, I don't see how it saves time either because you still have to go to each tire twice and then the compressor is now inflating two tires so that'll take twice as long.

In the Ronny Dahl video he comments that it equalized the pressure, but only I can't imagine why that matters for off road driving.

Even still you could make this for $50 with parts from Napa.
Mike, yeah, I just ran out of time to make one myself. I will probably return the indeflate. I felt like I needed something better. We'll see. I think I am going to take @Butch 's advice!

So, long before these things were available commercially we made them ourselves. But ours did all four tires at once, used a radiator drain petcock to vent and were much faster than deflaters. It took less time to connect the four air chucks than one would with defalters, and they come off faster. Hoses are all self coiling. Airing up was limited in speed only by your compressor.

Still using my original, but I would guess fifty bucks would buy the parts and thirty minutes is a long time to assemble.

Wow, those inflators are overpriced. I made a 4 way with what looks like the same parts for only $100

I can say this as an avid overlander, if a product is labeled as "overland" related it just means they tripled the price.

Wow, those inflators are overpriced. I made a 4 way with what looks like the same parts for only $100

I can say this as an avid overlander, if a product is labeled as "overland" related it just means they tripled the price.
@RevN3 , your YouTube videos crack me up. I love the 'safety gear' shot of the flip flops.

@406Camper I have those exact Wheeler's Bumps! Super easy to install. I honestly didn't even think I needed them. But the stuff I bought from @gelsi2033 came with them. Figured it couldn't hurt.

All of us are creature’s of habit…..Purchasing products for our Tacoma’s can be one of them…Every time you see something made (MODS) you feel you the need to get one…then you buy it…and the spending never , never stops..
I too want buy and add things to my Tacoma…glad I have a very limited budget…Buying all kind of things from Amazon ..can become a habit too… !
Controlling these buying habits…NOT a easy thing to stop…Best to see a professional person, as to why?
Not a day go by , I too keep looking at all of Tacoma add ons…endless…and endless , always something new and cool….
Even posting, can be a habit…
Aloha,

To change a habit ? Is to replace it with a new habit…! Go fishing?
My new spending habit started a few years ago…E-trade…I spend my limited dollars buying tiny amounts of stocks…every single paycheck check.. mind you I can sometime buy just one stock…I like apple, Microsoft, Etc..

All of us are creature’s of habit…..Purchasing products for our Tacoma’s can be one of them…Every time you see something made (MODS) you feel you the need to get one…then you buy it…and the spending never , never stops..
I too want buy and add things to my Tacoma…glad I have a very limited budget…Buying all kind of things from Amazon ..can become a habit too… !
Controlling these buying habits…NOT a easy thing to stop…Best to see a professional person, as to why?
Not a day go by , I too keep looking at all of Tacoma add ons…endless…and endless , always something new and cool….
Even posting, can be a habit…
Aloha,

To change a habit ? Is to replace it with a new habit…! Go fishing?
My new spending habit started a few years ago…E-trade…I spend my limited dollars buying tiny amounts of stocks…every single paycheck check.. mind you I can sometime buy just one stock…I like apple, Microsoft, Etc..
@Lava road, very insightful my friend.

I go in and out of buying stuff. Currently in. Don’t tell my wife

@406Camper I have those exact Wheeler's Bumps! Super easy to install. I honestly didn't even think I needed them. But the stuff I bought from @gelsi2033 came with them. Figured it couldn't hurt.
@TCOTUE And I sent the super bumps to you because I just had to have the new front blue sumo springs when they came out. Why? Who knows. Because I have issues is the only answer I come up with. @406Camper I can empathize.

She wants me to buy parts for her car too. I’m not made of money dammit
LOL I'm divorced 🤣 we both worked the same job, he got paid more. I bought him car parts and he didn't install them - they sat (years I'm talking), I bought myself stuff for my truck it got put on as soon as my hands touched the box, his racecar STILL sits and he sits in love with another woman who used him. Not my circus or my clown no more.

moral of the story - I wasn't made of money either 😂 there's a few unicorns out there that will conquer the damn world with you AND make their OWN money. Sometimes they have bad guys who just hold them for 8 years just cuz they can. Don't buy my car parts, just torque it down or loosen it when I can't. LOLOLOL

Buy what you need not what you want. Look at it like extra weight and every ounce counts. Besides 90% of what you buy you'll never use on the trail.

Last edited:
Back