• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I got the RMS leak...

Snow Squall

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
2020 Pro with 2400 miles

PXL_20200923_220802725.jpg

It's minimal drips, but I've wiped it 3 separate times already. I'm sure the dealer won't disconnect the transmission on a warranty job for a few drips...

Time to take a trip to the dealer and point it out. Better to get it taken care of right off the bat.

Take it in.

If they don’t fix it because it’s so minimal, then catch the drip into a cup and once a week head down there and pour the contents of that cup on their desk. Then look them in the face and tell them they shouldn’t be upset because it’s only minimal.

I agree with Tacomadad in principle. Definitely want to start a paper trail.

Yeah, I will... I have zero confidence that they will do anything about it since it's not actively dripping -- I'll throw some carboard under it for an overnight but would not expect to see any drops. But I'll start the process bc I didn't get an extended warranty. Hell.. that's why I buy Toyotas...........

What is the function of that black piece? Is it a cover? Does it come off? Would there be any reason to look under that?

Take it in.

If they don’t fix it because it’s so minimal, then catch the drip into a cup and once a week head down there and pour the contents of that cup on their desk. Then look them in the face and tell them they shouldn’t be upset because it’s only minimal.
Well said!

Back