• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I got the BRO lean!

Rob Daman

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Quicksand
So Sunday I decided to install 700 lbs springs on my TRD Bilsteins thinking it wouldn't be too bad since I'm rocking a full steel bumper and 80 lbs Odyssey battery. I did it without a spring compressor (not too fun).

Whelp I was wrong. The BRO lean is strong. The combo of having Decked and hardshell on a AAL doesn't help in back either. My leafs are flat.

I had to adjust my headlights for the time being (pointing way up). I'm actually going to upgrade my leaf pack soon though.

20190428_170201.jpg

I had the same problem when I installed my 700 lb springs on my 6112s. I added the AAL to the Dakar medium duty pack. This turns it into the "heavy" pack. The front springs settled a bit after a week or so too. With the combo of springs settling and the AAL in the rear pack it fixed the bro lean.

Do you have just the stock leaf spring with an AAL?

These springs I bought were used kings and actually rusty so I cleaned em up and used Steel-it.

Ya the rear is AAL+ stock leaf. I'll have a full pack hopefully by next week. trying to work a deal.

I had the same problem when I installed my 700 lb springs on my 6112s. I added the AAL to the Dakar medium duty pack. This turns it into the "heavy" pack. The front springs settled a bit after a week or so too. With the combo of springs settling and the AAL in the rear pack it fixed the bro lean.

Do you have just the stock leaf spring with an AAL?

These springs I bought were used kings and actually rusty so I cleaned em up and used Steel-it.

Ya the rear is AAL+ stock leaf. I'll have a full pack hopefully by next week. trying to work a deal.

Sweet. I bet that will get resolve the bro lean! Truck looks good as always, really diggin those retro graphics.

The front is at a good height ride now but it will settle. Match the back to that and it’ll look great.

I already have the heavy duty stuff on my truck but I want to make it a little higher to be honest.

fo shizzle!

Post after photos once new leafs are installed! I wanna see how big of a difference there is!

thanks. i bought the springs used and they were actually rusty so I used Steel-It on them so I don't think there's gonna be any settling. i was concerned about my CV boot angles as I wasn't expecting it to be that tall but it's all good.

The front is at a good height ride now but it will settle. Match the back to that and it’ll look great.

I already have the heavy duty stuff on my truck but I want to make it a little higher to be honest.

I'm running a BDS add-a-leaf (from a Colorado) on my stock springs with a 1" block from Toytec. Working great with my Foxs with the Eibach 13" 600lb coils that are spec'd with them. I do have the pre-load maxed on the Fox's though. I may swap out to a 650lb spring in the future if these coils sag.

IMG_9245.jpg

That's pretty cool about using a AAL for a different vehicle but worked out. ?

i'm trying to get this used leaf pack to me soon before Toyotafest.

I'm running a BDS add-a-leaf (from a Colorado) on my stock springs with a 1" block from Toytec. Working great with my Foxs with the Eibach 13" 600lb coils that are spec'd with them. I do have the pre-load maxed on the Fox's though. I may swap out to a 650lb spring in the future if these coils sag.

IMG_9245.jpg

That's pretty cool about using a AAL for a different vehicle but worked out. ?

i'm trying to get this used leaf pack to me soon before Toyotafest.

Yeah, I was actually the test mule for BDS on that add-a-leaf. They spec it for Tacoma now as well I believe in their new mid travel kit. Hope you get your springs soon!

I need to fix a slight rake in my set up but once go I into overland mode I get a slight bro lean. The stage 2 ivd add a leafs ride great but I need more lift. Maybe the dakar heavy springs.

@Rob Daman see you at Toyotafest

I need to fix a slight rake in my set up but once go I into overland mode I get a slight bro lean. The stage 2 ivd add a leafs ride great but I need more lift. Maybe the dakar heavy springs.

@Rob Daman see you at Toyotafest
Helper bags are always an option too. That way you can level the truck no matter what load.

Bro lean is fixed! thanks to Nate @botchuschopshop (instgram)

I wasn't 100% to do this on my own so I had him do the honors.

20190522_075006.jpg

Bro lean is fixed! thanks to Nate @botchuschopshop (instgram)

I wasn't 100% to do this on my own so I had him do the honors.

20190522_075006.jpg

Curious, what exactly did he do? Thanks

Add a winch rob and itll level out ;)

winch wont do crap. i got on the bumper and it barely moved. i believe i'm slightly heavier than a winch.
eh did something to mine and i have 700lb springs

Since we are talking about lean, are the Dakar HDs the most you can get from a leaf pack? Or is there a heavier one from another brand? Would AAL or a block on the Dakar HDs be the tallest/heaviest a leaf pack could be?

There's a guy on TW that sells his own stating it gets 3 inches of lift. not sure on weight capacity.

Since we are talking about lean, are the Dakar HDs the most you can get from a leaf pack? Or is there a heavier one from another brand? Would AAL or a block on the Dakar HDs be the tallest/heaviest a leaf pack could be?

Do you like them? I am going to kill these 600lb springs on my new Foxes quickly I think.
Yes i love them. Was afraid they would be too stiff, but they softened up after a little while once they were broken in.

Back