• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How Do You Sleep When Off-Roading?

Looking for some input from those of you who have traded their factory RTT mattress for an aftermarket one.

Most of what I’ve read from others is that the Exped MegaMat is the mattress to get. What other options has anyone tried? I’m looking at a memory foam option like the Better Habitat CertiPUR mattress that I could roll out on top of the existing

There are also cheaper air mattress options than the MegaMat. Has anyone tried those? The Vaneventi double self-inflating camping mattress on Amazon looks decent and is considerably cheaper. I had another person recommend the Stoic Double Cloud air mattress.

I have the first version of the CVT MT. Hood and the mattress that comes with it isn’t up to snuff. Further, it’s the single rail version, so storing sleeping gear in the tent isn’t an option.

I would appreciate some input.
You read correct. As some one that has had a lot of back pain, the megamat is worth it. When it comes to camping gear, there is usually a reason something is significantly cheaper. Sometimes its ok but as far as a mattress goes, I think you usually get what you pay for. If you can swing it, I highly recommend the megamat.

You read correct. As some one that has had a lot of back pain, the megamat is worth it. When it comes to camping gear, there is usually a reason something is significantly cheaper. Sometimes its ok but as far as a mattress goes, I think you usually get what you pay for. If you can swing it, I highly recommend the megamat.

This seems to be the consensus. Thx.

Tried out the gazelle for the first time last week.
Picture taken at Lake Ouachita State Park. :geek: 7E2A3B77-393C-4671-A793-DA274AD90DC9.jpeg

I am set up for a tent! Just need to find the right one, I love the idea of the slimmer hard tops to go over my smart cap etc. only issue is I am 6’4”. And worry I won’t fit in some of them. Any suggestions?
260780A1-C693-4217-86EE-1847F2210994.jpeg

I am set up for a tent! Just need to find the right one, I love the idea of the slimmer hard tops to go over my smart cap etc. only issue is I am 6’4”. And worry I won’t fit in some of them. Any suggestions?
260780A1-C693-4217-86EE-1847F2210994.jpeg
Sleep in the fetal position

Rightline Truck Bed Tent = $150
Nemo Air Mattress/Sleeping pad = $130
Nemo Forte 35 Sleeping Bag = $130

Savings over RTT: $9,999.99

Attachments

• Rightline Truck Bed Tent.jpg
    Rightline Truck Bed Tent.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 45
Back