• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How Do You Sleep When Off-Roading?

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
We Finally used our High Country Series tent, and TBH i slept like a baby.

Lets see those set ups 👀 🏕 🌳

Tacoma-11.jpg

USMC 2-man tent. Usually drop the wife off at a Best Western. Lol
My wife would be the same way! I've mentioned a RTT, she's not on board.
Lol.

1625680368403.jpeg

Or these that require a 315 lb bench press to be able to put the last leg into the slot
That ain't no joke. Lots of pinched fingers and cursing is what it takes

We would usually just leave the last piece disconnected. We’re Marines, not the Hulk

Lol.

1625680368403.jpeg

Or these that require a 315 lb bench press to be able to put the last leg into the slot
Been there.....done that! And, you're correct!......PITA getting that set up!

She is for sure not camping unless there's room service! LOL

I'd throw it out.....throw the sleeping bag on the ground..... and get a good night's sleep! (Corpsman 8404)
I was a mechanic so in the field I would have my own HMMWV and mechanic’s trailer on it. Sometimes I’d sleep on top of the trailer and sleep way better like that. I actually liked the hard surface, I would be safe from the critters, and the view was sometimes decent.

I was a mechanic so in the field I would have my own HMMWV and mechanic’s trailer on it. Sometimes I’d sleep on top of the trailer and sleep way better like that. I actually liked the hard surface, I would be safe from the critters, and the view was sometimes decent.
Was at 29 Palms.....with an Artillery Unit.....maneuvers and fire missions at night due to the heat.....slept under deuce 1/2 when we secured......woke up laying on an unexploded round.....from there on was in the Humvee! LOL

Was at 29 Palms.....with an Artillery Unit.....maneuvers and fire missions at night due to the heat.....slept under deuce 1/2 when we secured......woke up laying on an unexploded round.....from there on was in the Humvee! LOL
Good ol’ 29 stumps. Good times!

Looking for some input from those of you who have traded their factory RTT mattress for an aftermarket one.

Most of what I’ve read from others is that the Exped MegaMat is the mattress to get. What other options has anyone tried? I’m looking at a memory foam option like the Better Habitat CertiPUR mattress that I could roll out on top of the existing

There are also cheaper air mattress options than the MegaMat. Has anyone tried those? The Vaneventi double self-inflating camping mattress on Amazon looks decent and is considerably cheaper. I had another person recommend the Stoic Double Cloud air mattress.

I have the first version of the CVT MT. Hood and the mattress that comes with it isn’t up to snuff. Further, it’s the single rail version, so storing sleeping gear in the tent isn’t an option.

I would appreciate some input.

We just purchased a two inch memory foam mattress and put in on top of the original mattress. Works great is comfortable and doesn’t hinder folding the tent.

Back