• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How do you make your money?(job)

Chief engineer on this old girl...
FB_IMG_1588439779234.jpg

I work in a County Juvenile Detention Facility, trying to get them to change before they move on to the adult system.

I recently got out of the Marine Corps and I'm now relying on my VA disability checks and focusing full-time on building the Tacoma3G community. My goal was never to monetize this, but I do think it would be kind of cool to do something like TacomaBeast does. It just sounds like a really fun way to spend my time and make extra cash in the process.

If you do something like TacomaBeast, since you have this forum, you could travel around and hang out with your forum members. I could show you a couple of cool places to camp out here.

I work in a County Juvenile Detention Facility, trying to get them to change before they move on to the adult system.

If you do something like TacomaBeast, since you have this forum, you could travel around and hang out with your forum members. I could show you a couple of cool places to camp out here.
I do want to meet up with as many as you as possible once I start living on the road out of my camper.

Spent about a decade in O&G in different sections of the stream after several years as a wrench monkey. Few shops as side projects, just couldnt commit full time as O&G was making it worth my while to stay. Eventually got hammered with a piece of equipment by a worm and decided to take the Warfab thing full time. Now its a lot of time on this, mixed with cad projects we work on for other folks, and some hit and miss (right now a lot of miss) projects for some friends still in O&G - although I see that being cut off soon, I just dont have the time.

Spent about a decade in O&G in different sections of the stream after several years as a wrench monkey. Few shops as side projects, just couldnt commit full time as O&G was making it worth my while to stay. Eventually got hammered with a piece of equipment by a worm and decided to take the Warfab thing full time. Now its a lot of time on this, mixed with cad projects we work on for other folks, and some hit and miss (right now a lot of miss) projects for some friends still in O&G - although I see that being cut off soon, I just dont have the time.
Loveing your products just whis I would have discovered you before starting the build?

retired by 30 after working in computers / internet tech from age 15. I've spent the last 7 years working on passion projects and helping others get their passion projects off the ground / launched etc. I do business, IT, infosec consulting on the side now just to remind myself how much I hate working for other people. I've also taken up some art projects to keep the creative side burning as well.

retired by 30 after working in computers / internet tech from age 15. I've spent the last 7 years working on passion projects and helping others get their passion projects off the ground / launched etc. I do business, IT, infosec consulting on the side now just to remind myself how much I hate working for other people. I've also taken up some art projects to keep the creative side burning as well.
wow goals hahaha I'm 22 though so there's still time to retire by 30 :ROFLMAO:

Separate who you are from what you do and life gets way easier. If you have to maintain productive output to feel happy in life, I don't consider that sustainable. Plus you can still work on whatever you want, but it's always you doing it for you and not someone else making you do it.

Retirement isn't what it seems from the sidelines. Be grateful you have something to do like go to work.(y)
I have heard this before. Some people go from busy at work to not doing anything. All this spare time and what to do?

Now, myself, my work is such that I have 6 months a year off. Been like that for last 30 years so I am quite used to having ample time to do what I want. Never have I been bored to point of wanting to go back to work. Living in a very rural community, allows me few extra freedoms. For example, atv is my main mode of transportation (unless it's raining), so I just jump on from house and go. Be it to check the mail or run up the shop.

Winter time has me cutting 7 chords of wood for the woodstove. This is an activity that keeps one busy too from time you cut it to the time you dump the ashes!

Anyway, my point here is I can't wait for retirement! But for others, yes it can be a change in life to get accustomed to. :)

Not sure I'd ever retire completely. I'd probably start a small business of some sort. However, I feel like money would be the only thing limiting my boredom during retirement. Having money to travel and do my hobbies would definitely keep me busy. Also, I'm from the generation of cell phones and Netflix so wasting time contently is a skill haha

Back