• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How do you make your money?(job)

mcm808

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Like the title says...what do you guys do for work?
I own a business with my wife and am also a manufacturers rep for the pacific for industrial/construction equipment. I recently shut down my other business, which I fabricated prosthetic arms and legs. I loved doing that.
Excited to hear what you guys do...

I recently got out of the Marine Corps and I'm now relying on my VA disability checks and focusing full-time on building the Tacoma3G community. My goal was never to monetize this, but I do think it would be kind of cool to do something like TacomaBeast does. It just sounds like a really fun way to spend my time and make extra cash in the process.

Retired after 35 years with the 2nd largest soft drink company in the world...
30 years in sales (managing 30 employees) and 5 years in inventory/warehouse management.
I miss some of the people but not my job!
Retirement is awesome!!!
I know a lot of retired dudes that get bored and end up getting a little job just to keep them occupied. F that -- I'd rather pick up a hobby and become an expert at it than grind at a boring job until I die, lol.

Union Carpenter by trade. Superintendent for McClone Construction Company which is for the majority concrete form work. So I get to build big stuff mostly in Seattle, however have worked all over the country! In addition desperately making attempts at becoming my own mechanic? :unsure:

‘And yes I agree with Tyler on retirement! Thanks for posting the question!

From 2002-2016, I worked as a mechanical designer for Industrial/gas and oil equipment supplier, which was a really good job with a good company, I learned a ton on the job, and it hurt more to leave then I thought it would when I got offered a product development position at a fire truck manufacturer. But after the "product" was developed, they made me do sales "engineering", which wasn't in the job description, and it was drudgery. Meanwhile I had started Archive Garage on the side, and it was growing. I introduced Hammer hangers to the Tacoma community in Nov 2017, and got a bunch of sales for them. 2 weeks after that, I had enough of the full time job I hated, sent a resignation email, packed my stuff and walked out. Went full time on Archive Garage and so far so good. It wasn't and isn't easy but I still enjoy designing, problem solving, and making customers happy.

I am an airline pilot for a US airline. Been kinda crazy seeing how bad this virus shenanigans has hit the industry. On a positive note I have been sitting home growing my beard out for the first time in years. Bad news is I get bored and buy more stuff for my truck so I have something to work on ha ha

I recently got out of the Marine Corps and I'm now relying on my VA disability checks and focusing full-time on building the Tacoma3G community. My goal was never to monetize this, but I do think it would be kind of cool to do something like TacomaBeast does. It just sounds like a really fun way to spend my time and make extra cash in the process.

Let’s get those quarter panel wraps going and take over! Haha

Also, thank you for your service!

Worked as a Physician's Assistant for 33 years. On September of 2016 I retired.
At first I thought I wanted to get a part time job but there was nothing that interested me.
Now that I'm involuntarily sequestered, I'm an old dude with some health issues, I spend my time working on the truck preparing it for Overlanding and living off my pension, SS and 401Ks.

Medical Product Designer full time, on the side im launching New Holland Overland (based in Holland, MI). Recently just became a new west Michigan Baja Designs dealer, we can do fabrication for you, lead group trips, and much more!

Could we get Country of Origin on every listing? I like to choose where I send my Amazbucks
I can look into it, although this is more complicated than it may initially seem. Some sellers and products probably indicate this somewhere on the page, especially ones that are proud to manufacture in the US. However in a lot of cases Amazon & third-party sellers source products both domestically and internationally depending on cost & lead times and as a customer you don't know which you'll get when placing an order (FIFO). The other variable is that a given product can have several sellers competing for the sale (mainly based on price). These make it challenging to slap a label on the product page knowing that it could become outdated in hours/minutes.

Back