• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hot Wheels / Diecast Models

Does anyone still get the Hess truck every year?

My dad got me the Hess truck, every single year, since 1991. He passed in 2020, which was the last Hess truck I'll ever get, to put closure on his tradition. I thought it was cool that 2020 was their first ambulance because it was (unfortunately) fitting for what we want through in his final year.

Does anyone still get the Hess truck every year?

My dad got me the Hess truck, every single year, since 1991. He passed in 2020, which was the last Hess truck I'll ever get, to put closure on his tradition. I thought it was cool that 2020 was their first ambulance because it was (unfortunately) fitting for what we want through in his final year.
Omg my dad and I used to have a HUGE Hess truck collection! I miss it honestly :(

Omg my dad and I used to have a HUGE Hess truck collection! I miss it honestly :(
I still have the ones he got me, in their boxes. But they all have some miles on them - I played with them a lot as a kid, lol.

Hey, if I find some in abundance around here would anyone want one shipped? Or is it more about the thrill of the hunt? I'd do this at cost to save you from subsidizing the eBay scalpers.

Hey, if I find some in abundance around here would anyone want one shipped? Or is it more about the thrill of the hunt? I'd do this at cost to save you from subsidizing the eBay scalpers.
Appreciate that. Personally, I do enjoy the hunt.

Front and back of package.

Attachments

• 7C6A19C9-E26C-4378-82C4-C15C457E18B7.jpeg
    7C6A19C9-E26C-4378-82C4-C15C457E18B7.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 0322ADDE-F66B-433A-B9C3-F35A5394D73D.jpeg
    0322ADDE-F66B-433A-B9C3-F35A5394D73D.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 63
This one is not mine but it’s cool and hard to get right now, apparently.

1652214069187.png
Added to my list! That’s nice!!

Here’s my family photo!
3456F8CF-F123-41C4-B8BA-56C7BFFB2598.jpeg

In all reality I just started collecting again a few months ago. Still trying to decide if I want to unpackage them, or just find a duplicate to each one. Then I’d have one I could mess with and one to put away. I feel like I more hiding that my nieces have gotten me. It’s a standing tradition at Christmas for them to get me a HW.

Added to my list! That’s nice!!
I wonder if there's a website that lets you track your own collection. I'm sure there's many.

Still trying to decide if I want to unpackage them, or just find a duplicate to each one.
I decided to take the route of opening them, putting them on a shelf in the garage (when I had a house), and not stressing about their future value. This is a very casual hobby for me -- I buy only a few a year. Keeping them in the box would mean I'm taking it too seriously, which is a problem I tend to have with most of my hobbies. So I decided to not do that this time.

That old Nissan you have is cool. I appreciate Matchbox for putting out "boring" trucks whereas Hot Wheels has always focused on the over the top stuff. I say "boring" because I don't think most kids would want that Nissan over a lifted/modified truck. But I was always the opposite and loved the vanilla stuff.

If you wouldn't mind and if you find a Voodoo or two I would very much appreciate it since A. I seem to be striking out and B. like you said about the eBay scalpers I won't get one from them on principle.

This one is not mine but it’s cool and hard to get right now, apparently.

1652214069187.png
That's awesome! My sister has a white SR5 Premium 4Runner. I should try and find one of those for her birthday. Funny how she has become somewhat of a car person since getting her 4Runner.

That old Nissan you have is cool. I appreciate Matchbox for putting out "boring" trucks whereas Hot Wheels has always focused on the over the top stuff. I say "boring" because I don't think most kids would want that Nissan over a lifted/modified truck. But I was always the opposite and loved the vanilla stuff.
Funny you mention this, as I'd also love to have a clean hardbody. Keep it stockish and just enjoy it.

It’s funny because I just seen this thread this morning and my dad stopped by work today and was like look at this. I knew I had to post it here.

I always walk down the toy aisle at Walmart and my wife hates it. I’ll pick up a few here and there, usually Classic broncos because that is my first love. Also anything classic bronco like these hanging in my office.

image.jpg

It’s funny because I just seen this thread this morning and my dad stopped by work today and was like look at this. I knew I had to post it here.

I always walk down the toy aisle at Walmart and my wife hates it. I’ll pick up a few here and there, usually Classic broncos because that is my first love. Also anything classic bronco like these hanging in my office.

image.jpg
Since you like classic Broncos, you might be interested in the GreenLight brand that I mentioned. They have a lot. Random Walmart link that I found on Google:

Here’s just a few I have on a shelf in the guest room I stay in at my in-laws’. Rest are in our storage unit.

That H1 Hummer - My dad bought it in 1999. I found it unopened in his tool room about a month ago. Of course I opened it - it’s not something I’d ever sell or trade.

C765700B-A865-4A85-BF7B-C474E2E07216.jpeg
F286D2C0-994E-4057-ADA4-DFF463C99C23.jpeg

Since you like classic Broncos, you might be interested in the GreenLight brand that I mentioned. They have a lot. Random Walmart link that I found on Google:

O man I would go broke with all of those options. That’s awesome!

You guys are killing it! I went to two more dollar stores in another city today 2 hours away (Bozeman) and no luck. It's all about the hunt.

Apparently, a Barcelona Red version of the Tacoma might exist, although I’ve never heard of anyone seeing one. But this page shows it:

Attachments

• E946B4EE-A7F1-4547-9D6A-ADFC00C78222.jpeg
    E946B4EE-A7F1-4547-9D6A-ADFC00C78222.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 66
Apparently, a Barcelona Red version of the Tacoma might exist, although I’ve never heard of anyone seeing one. But this page shows it:
Excuse me sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop posting more Taco Hotwheels, I will be going into debt soon due to you posting more :ROFLMAO:

There's a Red One ?

These are on my personal list of ones I’d love to find for myself.

63448607-33B4-4F80-936F-08AE0D3E76B3.jpeg
03359AC8-6464-4790-9693-02060E2C9DC0.jpeg
F662F5A1-0917-44C3-AABA-B6EE556303E0.jpeg

I saw a sprinter van here at the Dollar Store.

Back