• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

High Clearance Exhaust Recommendations

Romp-A-Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
legendary-fish.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
Hey Everyone, I'm looking for some options for an exhaust setup that will allow more clearance. I have the stock setup and have already squashed it on top of a rock and now it's got a flat spot. I would like a set up that relocates the exhaust someway to provide more clearance. Any suggestions?

@Rob Daman Nice, I may just consider chopping the exhaust. Though the MBRP turn down is a good option for a decent price. I noticed in the video the spare tire bracket appears to be pretty snug where you were showing the new clearance with the cut off exhaust installed. Have you installed the 33" tire in the spare location yet? How did that work out?

Upvote 0
Not yet as I may change tires in the near future.

A hammer solves that bracket issue. ?

@Rob Daman Nice, I may just consider chopping the exhaust. Though the MBRP turn down is a good option for a decent price. I noticed in the video the spare tire bracket appears to be pretty snug where you were showing the new clearance with the cut off exhaust installed. Have you installed the 33" tire in the spare location yet? How did that work out?

Upvote 0
@ShikyoX thanks for your feedback. Good to know your experience with the sound fro the MRBP turn down exhaust. Not sure if I want an exhaust that would be overly noisy and can be heard in the cabin.
It's a nice sounding exhaust but I must warn yay first

Upvote 0
I just cut it back this has been the same thing for a year now.
Would do a reroute while you’re down there
14BC8C58-ADB5-429E-B711-931E2DD6D1D6.jpeg

Upvote 0
Back