• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hi I Have A Tacoma

a little silly replacing nearly new tires but those oem wranglers are terrible in the rain.

IMG_3223.png

these are cooper s/t maxx 255x85/r16. they're huge, and despite everyone on tw going on about how these fit perfectly on everyone's stock truck, the driver's side does rub on the mud flap just before full lock, and actually hits the screw so i might have to trim the mud flap stand off a bit before they tear the flaps right off.

sliders, babies

courtesy Metaltech, out of Newberg OR. thanks @RevN3 for the recommendation. that’s a great shop with some real nice and knowledgeable folks.

They look just like mine~ Did you get them powder coated or just paint them yourself? I did the latter and have an excuse to always carry rattle can in my door pocket now

They look just like mine~ Did you get them powder coated or just paint them yourself? I did the latter and have an excuse to always carry rattle can in my door pocket now

got them powder coated. I still keep a can of Steel It though! powder coating doesn’t take a beating well, my bed rack gets pretty scratched up between moving the tent and pretty frequently taking the cross bars off.

My wife has complained about the seat on long trips. The internet claims the angle of the seat is at least part of the problem. As always, the internet comes to the rescue. Seat Jackers.

3324F41E-A23B-4623-813D-E84B6C0C80F3.jpeg

7BEDB135-4D98-492A-9CF4-D163B54B36E0.jpeg

dirty truck again 😘

Yeah, rear seat jackers make it a little more tolerable. Still not great. Looking at getting the desert does it front jackers with molle panel.

My wife has complained about the seat on long trips. The internet claims the angle of the seat is at least part of the problem. As always, the internet comes to the rescue. Seat Jackers.

3324F41E-A23B-4623-813D-E84B6C0C80F3.jpeg

7BEDB135-4D98-492A-9CF4-D163B54B36E0.jpeg

dirty truck again 😘
I need to talk to your uncle and borrow his. I'm pretty sure I can make a set in the shop

Bumper. I still need to find a winch for it so I don’t have to pull it off later.

But I’m also getting laid off, so I’m holding new buys until I secure that income!
I was at the off-road meetup in Monroe last summer and the number of people running Badlands winches from harbor Freight was super high. In fact i think there were more of those than anything else. I run Smittybilts but I have no real love for them. Badlands seems like a good way to go. That said I almost never use my winch.

I was at the off-road meetup in Monroe last summer and the number of people running Badlands winches from harbor Freight was super high. In fact i think there were more of those than anything else. I run Smittybilts but I have no real love for them. Badlands seems like a good way to go. That said I almost never use my winch.

I imagine it’ll never get used but ever since my old pathfinder got stuck in the woods for a week, I’m paranoid about recovery gear

Story time, please!

My brother and I were checking out some trails kind of around the coast range west of Eugene in Oregon. He was in an old Cherokee and me in my ancient Pathfinder. Ended up on a very little used, very steep, quite slick downhill.

That’s when I discovered my 4x4 wasn’t engaging, probably the hubs, and even going slow I barely managed to stop myself sliding into a tree head on.

But turns out when you’re facing downhill with a tree in front of you, there’s no way out except back up. He couldn’t get enough traction to pull me back, and the lame comealong we had was no help. We tried different maneuvers for a couple hours.

Sun went down, the rain really picked up, so I left it in the woods! I had to work the next day and all week, in Portland. There my poor pathfinder stayed. But my brother managed to get out there after a couple dry days and some other guys on the trails helped him pull it and drive it out.

Then instead of fixing the hubs, I sold it lol

My brother and I were checking out some trails kind of around the coast range west of Eugene in Oregon. He was in an old Cherokee and me in my ancient Pathfinder. Ended up on a very little used, very steep, quite slick downhill.

That’s when I discovered my 4x4 wasn’t engaging, probably the hubs, and even going slow I barely managed to stop myself sliding into a tree head on.

But turns out when you’re facing downhill with a tree in front of you, there’s no way out except back up. He couldn’t get enough traction to pull me back, and the lame comealong we had was no help. We tried different maneuvers for a couple hours.

Sun went down, the rain really picked up, so I left it in the woods! I had to work the next day and all week, in Portland. There my poor pathfinder stayed. But my brother managed to get out there after a couple dry days and some other guys on the trails helped him pull it and drive it out.

Then instead of fixing the hubs, I sold it lol
Isn't that the one your uncle has now?

Isn't that the one your uncle has now?

Yeah! I sold it to my brother actually, and later he sold it to my uncle. And I think that’s when the hubs were finally fixed. He asked if I wanted it back after he picked up his Tacoma. If only I had room for it :(

Yeah! I sold it to my brother actually, and later he sold it to my uncle. And I think that’s when the hubs were finally fixed. He asked if I wanted it back after he picked up his Tacoma. If only I had room for it :(
I've been doing my best to get your uncle to unload his other vehicles...it is an uphill battle

that job problem is solved and so I have some other things brewing but in the meantime: canopy!/cap!/topper!/whatever colloquialism you use!

FBF54144-ADCA-4896-A95F-113538E1276D.jpeg

811B5850-DC38-4A7B-81CC-C2877561E229.jpeg

Picked it up from a good soul who was selling his truck. Includes interior led lighting, load bars up top, and the alu cab table(!). He even threw in a bed rug mat.

6B18CE80-2DF1-48F0-9314-60D9DB8D2CEB.jpeg

that job problem is solved and so I have some other things brewing but in the meantime: canopy!/cap!/topper!/whatever colloquialism you use!

FBF54144-ADCA-4896-A95F-113538E1276D.jpeg

811B5850-DC38-4A7B-81CC-C2877561E229.jpeg

Picked it up from a good soul who was selling his truck. Includes interior led lighting, load bars up top, and the alu cab table(!). He even threw in a bed rug mat.

6B18CE80-2DF1-48F0-9314-60D9DB8D2CEB.jpeg
OH! I like everything about that. We will have to talk about getting you a front rail and a way to attach up there as well. Can't wait to see it MemDay weekend!

last year's big 63" tent replaced with the more svelte fsr evolution 55"

IMG_6052.jpg

field tested during the @RevN3 memorial day weekend adventure. stayed dry inside through rain and hail, and stayed quiet in 15-20 mph winds

Last edited:
Prime day had hooke road’s iffy tailgate cover replacement on sale

76A89CEE-037D-4F9F-BDCF-5D5C736824B0.jpeg

I read other people have had problems with these but it fit perfect for me! Also threw on a rok block tailgate gap cover, so tired of shit falling through that crack

Last edited:
So I was out having a drink with a friend, who told me about a site called Truecar. Out of curiosity I used it to check local inventory for TRD Pros, and as expected there were none.

But that site gives your contact info to dealers. Well, after getting a few dud texts and then having a crisis of wallet, this happened:

3529AF31-D92D-4F83-8CBC-067481856202.jpeg

F269B782-D78D-460A-A968-F534C73FE6E8.jpeg

Anyway it was kind of a dumb thing to do but I love it and I refuse to regret it.

Aesthetic/Misc
Organization/Storage
Another Category
Armor I Think?
Camping
Future Stuff
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Current State:

IMG_6097.jpg
That is a hot ride; congratulations!

Did you get rid of that old RTT? You looking to? 😉

I did! Sold it before I got the new one. But my tip for you is to watch for used ones in the early fall. Tons of people offloading them for cheap, probably after they realized the summer went by and they didn’t use it at all lol

Back