• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hey

BrittneeB

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR
Magnetic Gray
Hey everyone! Thanks for the add! My name is Brittnee. I just traded in my ‘07 for an ‘18. Looking to put a lift and tires on it pretty quick. What is everyones opinion on the fox suspension vs. king suspension. I’m thinking I wanna do 3” lift, no higher. I attached the two specific kits I’m looking at if anyone wants to look at them and give me their opinions. This is my first build from the ground up so any advice is welcome and appreciated. Also, what is the largest tire size I could put on it if I go with the 3” lift? I’m ok with some mod/cutting to eliminate tire rubbing, just want to know sizes others have done and how much modification they have had to do so they don’t rub. Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from y’all.

Attachments

• DA35143E-8A4A-4059-BD3E-0A771560BF7F.png
    DA35143E-8A4A-4059-BD3E-0A771560BF7F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • D454EC26-CE1C-4214-8285-3764FF461089.png
    D454EC26-CE1C-4214-8285-3764FF461089.png
    1 MB · Views: 72
Hey dude, welcome to the forum. Congrats on upgrading the truck.

Those are both really good lifts. There are cheaper ways to do it but if you’re fine with spending the cash, either one is a very solid choice.

With a 3” lift, the largest tire size you could run would be 35s with some cutting made to deal with rubbing and aftermarket wheels with enough offset to help with rub too. A 285/75 tire would be more of the largest size you can “easily” run.

thanks for the info guys. Tyler, I don’t mind spending that much cash if it makes a bigger difference in the quality of the ride. I don’t wanna just slap the cheapest thing on there either. I’m open to other ideas if you have any other suggestions. These two were suggested as the best and I want to do it right the first time, not do it cheap and regret it.

thanks for the info guys. Tyler, I don’t mind spending that much cash if it makes a bigger difference in the quality of the ride. I don’t wanna just slap the cheapest thing on there either. I’m open to other ideas if you have any other suggestions. These two were suggested as the best and I want to do it right the first time, not do it cheap and regret it.
Then definitely go for it because these are good. I don’t have personal experience with these brands because I run Icons, which are another option for you too. But between the two you are looking at, I do think the Kings are more popular amoung Tacoma owners. It might literally come down to your personal preference on these two kits. I think a lot of people go with the Kings because they like the silver/blue look they have (besides having high end performance).

I was thinking it might just come down to preference at this point. I’m ok with that. Y’all are awesome! Thanks for the info and help. I’ll be sure to get some pics up soon.

Back