• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hey NW Oregon and SW Washington...Trip planning questions

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So, I spent a good chunk of my youth in Astoria but I wasn't into the wilderness exploration so much at that age. I have a three day weekend coming up and I'm perusing GaiaGPS and GoogleMaps for some interesting spots. Maybe some advanced recon for a PNW T3G meetup once we are able to do that again. Anyway, Clatsop State Forest seems to have a lot of dirt roads up in it. Anyplace with a view up there? Alternatively, I've been looking at the hills NE of Chinook and I think I am seeing a few ungated spots where I might be able to get up on a hill and see the river and the ocean. That would be cool but I have no experience with unpaved roads on that side of the bridge. Thoughts?

(FYI: If I can't come up with something I might just go east to Hole-In-The-Ground/Xmas Valley)

Nothing? Nuts. Well, its supposed to be dumping on the coast so I think I'm going east anyway. I will get up there at some point and report back.

Its still in the cards. Probably not til spring though at this point.

EDIT: Oh hay! This was my 600th comment

Last edited:
I took a road trip not long ago down through the the tillamook state forest along the 6 hwy and there seemed to be a lot trails worth looking to along that route. I bet there’s a good vantage point. Try using the Trails Offroad website as there are a lot of trails documented on there ans you can sync the routes to Gaia GPS. I’d be down to do some exploring in the Astoria area sometime as well.

I used gaia gps and trails offroad when then wife and I went to moab back in April worked out awesome

Back